Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pro 50 trim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pro 50 trim

When using the Yamaha pro 50 swivel bracket and trim on a Johnson 56 cube, can I use the relays that came with the Johnson or do I have to use the solenoid the Yamaha came with? I've got it hooked to the relays but I find the trim slow and my connections are getting hot, I thought I hooked it right but I didn't hook up the limit switch.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the omc is two wire, the yamaha is three wire, you need the yamaha set up. no relays, solenoids

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

green is grass, down. blue is sky, up. black is ground

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fast, glad I kept the solenoids, have you found a good place to mount them?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

as i remember, under the starter or mod the bracket over the carbs..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the solenoids in, works like charm, thanks Fast

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpeye Mike View Post
    When using the Yamaha pro 50 swivel bracket and trim on a Johnson 56 cube, can I use the relays that came with the Johnson or do I have to use the solenoid the Yamaha came with? I've got it hooked to the relays but I find the trim slow and my connections are getting hot, I thought I hooked it right but I didn't hook up the limit switch.
    Do you know what year pro 50 will work I'm looking to add tilt trim to my short shaft 56er

Post Thanks / Like

Seems odd that no one uses the set up off Johnson short shaft 40,50hp motors there are plenty of them around and you can still order the parts new here in the good ol USA.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Whitey View Post
    Seems odd that no one uses the set up off Johnson short shaft 40,50hp motors there are plenty of them around and you can still order the parts new here in the good ol USA.
    Have you tried it? Does it have the same measurement as the stock Stinger bracket? I used a Pro 50 from an 87 model, couldn't find a 15" so I bought a 20" and it wasn't quite the perfect fit, if I remember correctly, it was about 1/2" longer so I had to do a bit of massaging.

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 61730 like this one all you need is a lower mount bracket and a short tiller shaft from a 3cly

Thread Information