Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 30 HP Yamaha with 50 hp Tohatsu 50 Carbs

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiller guy View Post
    I ran the 122 jets and the motor ran great, but I lost 1 mph. So I re installed the 125's and my idle mixture was off again. I thought it was running great on the hose so I went out for another test and now I'm down 2 mph? I was concerned about losing speed so I did a compression test and it's still really good. My spark plugs got really wet from loading up on the hose with bad carb settings and the motor was missing a little when I did the test run, but it did clear up. Could my plugs be fouled, but still run so so? I will spend more time dialing the mix screws in and use a new set of plugs for the next test run. If this doesn't work I'm buying a bigger motor!
    Don't give up yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Grayson I found the .122 jets run the best in these little motors with 40 carbs. I had one shortened 30 tuner, 40/50 reed cages with stock reeds, 40 carbs and it ran great. I actually lost RPM with the CCMS reeds. Never tried the Boyesen reeds. I have two sets of cages and some .122 jets if you wanna try...Email me bobby.crochet@lyondellbasell.com...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress2830 View Post
    Hey Grayson I found the .122 jets run the best in these little motors with 40 carbs. I had one shortened 30 tuner, 40/50 reed cages with stock reeds, 40 carbs and it ran great. I actually lost RPM with the CCMS reeds. Never tried the Boyesen reeds. I have two sets of cages and some .122 jets if you wanna try...Email me bobby.crochet@lyondellbasell.com...
    You had a really nice motor Bobby. To bad some thief is enjoying it now. You've got the talent to build another great one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ted yeah you right. I am looking for a Tohatsu 25 power head M25C3.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koondog View Post
    You had a really nice motor Bobby. To bad some thief is enjoying it now. You've got the talent to build another great one for sure.
    thanks Bobby i have emailed you

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I had a 1998 25 3-cylinder on a 1546VJ Xpress. I changed to a 30 tuner shortened at to water inlet, 40 / 50 reed cages with stock reeds, Tohatsu 40 carbs with ( .122 ) hs jets, had to port intake to accommodate the bigger carb ventura, I gave this little motor all the timing I could. Stock motor ran 28 MPH with a Power Tech SRA3 11 pitch @ 5900, modded motor ran 42 MPH @ 6400 RPM with a 14 Pitch Turbo Prop. This is with just me 6 gallon fuel...This little motor woke up with these mods. If you raise compression you won't see too much gain w/o ported block. Good luck hope this helps, Bobby...

Thread Information