Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 DePue Reunion

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to work on a video project for the reunion. If anybody has some pictures , the good old 60's and 70's stuff , you would like to have included in a video that will run during the reunion feel free to email them to me or mail them. There are plenty of good pictures here on BRF , I could copy them and add them , if you don't want me to copy your pictures please let me know. Thank you.

1daledog1@gmail.com

Thanks Dale Hoffert
    302 Silver St
    Bradford IL 61421

Post Thanks / Like

By any chance does anybody have a color picture of Waldman racing on the water from the early 60"s. I need it for a design.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Juby & Dick Austin, two of you that I know want to run equipment, I have had a discussion with Todd Brinkman, USTS president who will schedule running of equipment as a special event. You will be allowed to run after a particular days activity, if time permits. It usually does, You will have to join the USTS & probably have to pay some sort of fee for on the water use. If there are others planning on bringing Vintage equipment to the USTS Nationals & the reunion & plan on running equipment, please e-mail me at jschubert19j@gmail.com.

Post Thanks / Like

In regard to the fee: I would assume this would be like the APBA's one time weekend/event membership? That's fine with me of course. If there come any other details or things we need to do just let me know and I will take care of it.

I can't speak for J-Dub, but he has expressed to me wanting to run as well, I am sure he will see this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    By any chance does anybody have a color picture of Waldman racing on the water from the early 60"s. I need it for a design.
    Photo taken by Wayne. Hot Springs 1972. Sorry it's not from the 60s...

Name:  Waldman D Looper.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  55.1 KB

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure count me in for the reunion!
    George Taylor

Post Thanks / Like

2016 DePue Boat Racers Reunion hotel info

DePue Reunion Special Rate

Once again we have chosen the LaQuinta Hotel in Peru as the reunion hotel. The LaQuinta is located at the Peru exit south of Int 80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 to book rooms. A block of 30 rooms have been blocked for the attendees. The blocked rooms are doubles and you will need to provide your C.C.# when calling to set up your reservation. The block is for Wed. July 27th - Saturday July 31st , you must set up your arrival and departure dates when calling.

To get the special rate of $79.99 , normal July rate is $124.99 , you MUST mention you are with the " Boat Racers Reuion " group. The block will be held until July 1st and will be extended beyond 30 rooms if filled by July 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Clyde will be in the house !!!!!!!!!

]I have received word through an email this morning from Nancy Rahnert that she and her father, Clyde Queen, are planning on attending the reunion in July. Clyde recently had some surgery on his leg and was waiting to see how he felt. Nancy told me he wants to be there and is looking forward to it , as are a lot of people looking forward to seeing Clyde and Nancy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration is Open !!!!!!!!

Registration is now open for the Racer Reunion. The registration form that you need to fill out is attached to this message.

1 - You will need to download the form and print it out. First click on the file below , click open when prompt appears, and print the form. Fill the form out and either mail it with your check or if you use Pay Pal you can mail the form or scan and email it to me. Instruction are also on the bottom of the form. If you need me to mail you a form you can either call me and leave a message or text me at 309-238-8165. Un fortunately I was unable to work out an interactive form. Please contact me if you have any issues.

2 - The reunion hotel is once again the LaQuinta Inn in Peru. It is located just south of I80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 and mention the Boat Racers Reunion to get the discounted rate of $79.99/night. There is a block of 30 rooms reserved but that number will be extended if filled by the July 1st deadline.

3 - We are still looking for items for the silent auction which will run all day Friday until the dinner is served. Contact me or John if you have something to donate to the silent auction. There will also be two special live auctions items , stay tuned for detail coming in a few weeks.

4 - In order to get into the "hot pits " during the week you MUST sign the insurance waiver and get a wristband. There can be no exceptions to this rule. Wristbands may be purchased at the DePue Men's Club food shelter and cost $10. This gets you into the pits for the 5 days and also covers your admission to the races on Friday , Saturday and Sunday.

John and I are looking forward to seeing all of you in July. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact John or I.

Take care and see you in July.

Dale Hoffert
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Equipment Displays

For those of you that are going to be bringing something to display please let John know as he is in charge of that. The DePue Men's club will not be doing a carnival this year so we will have the entire street in front of the VFW again to use for that purpose.

Thread Information