Hi,

For folks who don't know me, I'm studying Naval Architecture with high performance marine vehicles at the University of Strathclyde.
For my fourth year project I want to model a surface piercing propeller, namely a through hub cleaver. I have an 11 x 18 pitch Mercury cleaver which I hope to use as the basis of my design. My aim in the future is to design and model my own propellers, but I would like to start by modelling and existing propeller.

My plan is to get the propeller scanned and get as many figures from it as possible so I can model it. I hope to send it to a company in the UK for this. The prop is in very good condition but I'm going to send it to get repaired so it's perfect in order to start with as good a model as i can.

I want to model this propeller using CAD software and possibly modify the design slightly, I want the prop to use a removable hub kit so it can be replaced if damaged or for use on a different engine.

If anyone has any experience on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm expecting a steep learning curve.

Thanks