Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PICTORIAL OF A 1930s EVINRUDE SPEEDYTWIN C-SERVICE RACING ENGINE

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default PICTORIAL OF A 1930s EVINRUDE SPEEDYTWIN C-SERVICE RACING ENGINE

I am caught up in doing/overhauling a 1930s C-Service Evinrude outboard racing engine for a friend last raced in the 1950s that is to be sold to the collectors market when its finished.

Way back in 1964 after 2 years of pitting for my neighbor and other racers at MORA race sites E.J. (Ted) Coates gave me my first fast hydro drive in and Ogier hydro powered by an Elto C-Service racing engine he frequently ran against Merc 30Hs and won many a race with it doing that. So what is the difference between a Evinrude Speedytwin and an Elto?? The only thing was the Elto used battery ignition and was predisposed to backfiring through the carb and catching fire! Guys here like Dennis Gordon, Phenton Malley, Jimmy Eberts, Fanstone and others here had these engines too and drove them like madmen on the courses.

Still here is the Evinrude SpeedyTwin and this one was made in Canada or out of parts assembled in Canada, who knows???

Like the Anzani pistorial I did with lots of pictures to look at I am going to do the same thing with Speedytwin and let anyone else add other pictures and stories as racing was made of these and they still go and are raced as part of the Pro division of outboard racing scene in North America

Enjoy the Pictures as they come along as posts! Starting today.

Tomtall

Question Speedy-twin pics

John - You gotta have some pic's by now!

Thread Information