Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-mod All Air

Post Thanks / Like

Default D-mod All Air

Here is a pic of my d-mod at long sault, Ont this past year. nothing but air there. This is 86 mph on GPS at 7/8 below and a 1/4" tuck.

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Scott
    Ottawa, Canada
    Need Race Parts - http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    www.aimoutboards.com

20-CE DSH
    20-CE DMH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cmh..........

Quote Originally Posted by David_L6
    Maybe you shouldn't come to the Winter Nationals after all. I ain't sure I can keep you in site!

You do know that running a CMH like that is normal, but running a DMH like that is likely to get you wet don't you? (You're running a little higher than I do. Tuck is about the same. I may run slightly less.)

Never mind what I said in the first sentence. You can't beat me if you're swimmin'.

I do hope to see you in Louisiana next spring Dave.

hey, this is my thought to you L6!!!

"You can't beat me if you're swimmin'"
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default rubber rings!!!

Hey you two,

I do not understand but they had waterwings for sale this week at Canadian tire (CDN Pep boys) I'll buy a couple pair and bring them along with me.

Daren what do you have for "c" pistons .015 any around. 030 over rings. I have some welded up steel pipes that were on a 35A thickest baffle plate I have ever seen. no identifying marks but I am thinking they would work on the C-mod. In that load of boats from Duncan was a early giles 10'8 with a 37" bottom no tunnel would be Ok for C-mod. heck YA!!!

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Ottawa, Canada
    www.aimoutboards.com

20-CE DSH
    20-CE DMH

Post Thanks / Like

Default used ones.....

Quote Originally Posted by crankbearing
    Hey you two,

I do not understand but they had waterwings for sale this week at Canadian tire (CDN Pep boys) I'll buy a couple pair and bring them along with me.

Daren what do you have for "c" pistons .015 any around. 030 over rings. I have some welded up steel pipes that were on a 35A thickest baffle plate I have ever seen. no identifying marks but I am thinking they would work on the C-mod. In that load of boats from Duncan was a early giles 10'8 with a 37" bottom no tunnel would be Ok for C-mod. heck YA!!!

Regards,
    Dave, I have (4) decent used .015 pistons. >.030 rings (actually .036) are available from Harry Brinkman, along with .021 rings. I still have some NOS Merc .015 rings. Build a C Merc, bring it to Cajun Country. Let's show them Yamato mods what a Merc C is all about!

I think Don Allen still has NOS .015 and .030 Merc A/C pistons for sale.......$100 ea...
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default .030 over C

Hey D,

I have .030 new brand new, but this block I have is virgin mint and I did not want to bore that to .030 if I did not have to.
    What is CC min/max on those, should we move this thread elsewhere. Is there still a Merc c mod spec sheet somewhere.

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Ottawa, Canada
    www.aimoutboards.com

20-CE DSH
    20-CE DMH

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

If you look at the APBA web site under downloads, you'll find the tech manual for the mod division. I know that a lot of the spec. have been removed from the mercury over the years to keep it competitive with the Yamato. My C Merc. could have a lot more done to it if so desired. Good luck guys.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David_L6
    Min. CC's for a C Merc is 16. I've never found one that was close to that though. 18 - 19 is normal.

hmmmmmmmmm..............
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Silvestri 36-S
    Dave,

If you look at the APBA web site under downloads, you'll find the tech manual for the mod division. I know that a lot of the spec. have been removed from the mercury over the years to keep it competitive with the Yamato. My C Merc. could have a lot more done to it if so desired. Good luck guys.

see, one more C Merc is still out there wating to get raced!!!!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default blocks.....

Quote Originally Posted by crankbearing
    Hey D,

I have .030 new brand new, but this block I have is virgin mint and I did not want to bore that to .030 if I did not have to.
    What is CC min/max on those, should we move this thread elsewhere. Is there still a Merc c mod spec sheet somewhere.

Regards,
    Dave, there are lots of "donor' C blocks out there, ready to be bored, etc. So, you could save that one for a rainy day. Heck, I have several blocks that have been bored .030 years ago, that are available for use. One is Ernie Dae's winning C stock block.....
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry buddy. Not enough time to keep all the rigs running well as it is. If I added another rig, I'd really be behind the 8 ball.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Thread Information