Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quincy Pictures from the Mark Suter collection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Pictures from the Mark Suter collection

I had the opportunity to go through the Mark Suter collection and these are some pictures of the Quincy display. I'd like to thank Mark for allowing me to share these pictures. If you ever get the chance by all means go !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Post Thanks / Like

Here is page two!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the last page of Quincy photos. Thanks Mark for allowing me to share them !!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One could spend a whole day to allow it all to sink in. Mark is a great guy. It is a MUST for a racing member and fan to see his museum.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Al, thanks for the kind words. Regarding the time one could can spend in my museum, I have a story to tell. In 2012, Bob Goller came for a visit. He asked me if he could borrow a stool and spend some time alone in the showroom. He spent two whole days sitting next to motors and studying them and the literature with them at considerable length... one could easily see that he was fascinated by the different engineering aspects of each motor. When it was time for him to go home, he sincerely thanked me for the visit and said he only had one regret. And that was not being able to spend a third day with the motors because he never made it through all of them. Another reality is that I still go out to the showroom and wander through there and see things I had never noticed before. So the message here is that there is most certainly A LOT TO SEE in this museum.

Post Thanks / Like

I was beginning to wonder, but you saved the best for last in my opinion. The Christener 20H and Sid Craft. Best regards and happy fathers day Mark.
    David van Weele
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi David, have you ever been to Mark's museum? A few years ago, I met up with Alan when he attended when working out of Indy, I believe. It was great seeing him after so many years since we scattered from leaving Long Island. I miss attending Mark's last AOMC yearly meet.
    All the best and HAPPY FATHER"S DAY. Al

Post Thanks / Like

Al, Yes I have been there. It was very enjoyable, Mark and Elaine are great people. I first met them when they picked up the red nosed Sid Craft and the Christener 20H at my house in Port Orange, FL. I had never seen it done before but they picked the boat up with an open trailer so to protect the boat they totally wrapped the boat in plastic stretch wrap. Must have worked since when I visited them last year along with Alan I inspected the boat and not one new scratch. Speaking of that trip it was a two week odyssey. I drove from Florida to Alan's in LA, then we delivered an engine in Jacksonville IL, on to Tomahawk to pick up a bunch of loopers at Dick Oloff's then up around the upper peninsular of MI to Mark and Elaine's museum and swap meet, then to pick up some engines at Doug Kay's in Detroit and back to Alan's and then home to Florida. This was over 6000 miles.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Thread Information