Smitty, we followed all kinds of high performance races down here. The marine and motorcycle business that my Dad and his partner Joe owned sponsored a 250cc flat track dirt biker that won a Texas State championship on a Honda our company provided. Joe Rome and I had hooked up with Harry Echols, editor of Motorsport Magazine, and he got us into all kinds of places. USAC, NASCAR, AMA, ARCA, and we got him into APBA with Pro, OPC and Inboard Marathon racing. It was a wonderful time. I bought the best helmet I ever had from a high performance shop that advertised in Motorsport that was owned by the owner of the New Orleans Saints. We lived anything and everything that was racing in those days from Indy, Nascar, AMA in the Astrodome and all the boat racing venues we went to in those days. I can clearly remember I was riding with Steve Jones in Corpus Christi, Texas when news came on the radio that Peter Revson was killed in a Formula 1 race, I believe maybe at Nurembergring in 1972. It was before Mario Andretti drove F1, and Peter was to only American driving on the circuit in those days. Steve and I glanced at one another, then became silent. Steve drove on for a little bit before we talked about the death of Peter Revson. We had just left Grunwald Printing on Morgan Street only ten minutes earlier on the way back to Steve's house. We had sat down with a sales rep at Grunwalds going over the layout of a boat racing program. We had a number of ads, the sizes, the photos we wanted, the text, the pages where spectators could pencil in the results, the names of the drivers, classes, boat numbers, how the start was, flags, scoring, names of the officials, and everything needed for a good program. They had been doing our programs since 1968, and had most of the info already. Mainly Steve and I were bringing in new photos, sponsors and some updated information. We were very high, laughing, talking about the race coming up when we heard the news. To this day it seems kind of strange for Peter Revson's death to be announced over the radio, but it had to be because he was a daring racer and heir of the Revlon cosmetic company. I went way to long on this Smitty, but there are a lot of racers that have stories to share no matter how small or insignificant that can bring us back to those days and times that were all that we lived for. We didn't think about it at the time. But someone else's thoughts can spark a fond memory. Come on guys, Tell us your stories. Even just a couple of paragraphs. People will read them.