My last speculation was about why there may be a lack of boat racing stories worth telling by folks who spent a large portion of their life enjoying the racing action; I tried to imagine how that might happen. Over decades of racing, each person and their contemporaries have many many memories. My guess was that a large portion of those memories would best fit into a scenario where the racers involved in those many repeated events were speaking to each other, reliving an experience each had and involving the other person. Those are quite personal experiences and most meaningful to those directly involved.

Another notably outstanding event memory may be worth writing because it illustrates some sort of important detail and is probably what the Forum is mostly about. That is also my guess.

My overall end comment in that writing was speculating that, in each type of motor racing done for a major portion of a lifetime, the people who finally are no longer racing (for whatever reason) have a very large set of personal, probably enjoyable, memories but those folks in general are similar in their choices of stories to tell. They may be very selective, very reserved or silent. In that respect, all motor racing (and maybe any type of racing) may be quite similar. A possible metaphor of “... been there, did that forever, good times,... gone fishin’..” may fit.

The real issue of a struggle to put personal thoughts to text is without doubt a problem. Bill Van S correctly lists the better set of reasons for that effect including those of typing and using current systems.

The handy feature of the BRF Forum that can be useful for any speed of typing is that the story can be typed off line using any text editor or writing program and taking as much time as needed to finish. Any saved text can be worked and reworked without time limit unless there is some time limit on the computer itself. It is bound to be a real chore to hunt-n-peck type for a long time but a worthwhile story can result. That saved text, copied using a menu “text only” option will easily “paste” into the thread Reply window you have opened. You can fiddle with it there if you wish and if you use the Advanced reply option you can add a header title.
My guessing continues with the thought that few Forum contributors do not already know this.
Whizz--Bang, log in, open whatever reply window needed, paste, done, gone.

I did, and still do, have very limited amount of tales to write about as I have explained to Smitty. Those and a couple added are pretty much done now. I do not think there is much left that would not drift into unneeded opinion.

Jim Hallum mailed a set of three DVD’s to me several months before he died. Today I discovered that my current iMac OS (still several generations old) does not have the easy disc copy feature of the previous OS. My plan is to make a couple of copies. One set is promised to Smitty and the other will go to Boss Ron Hill so he can enjoy the Anzani details in first person. A worthwhile contribution. Ron’s address is on a box of A-class props sent about 2010. If necessary I will fire up the old Windows machine to do the DVD copy.

Russ Rotzler >172-R; pal Jim Price> 250-R; 1960 testing at Lake Sammamish
1960 J&I testing L.S..jpeg