Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMC 1 3/8" carbs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

why do you have to keep trying to make a problem ?

a fella asked a question and got a wrong answer, now your just trying to prove along with the other Canadian that they can work on a twin.
    well anything can work if you want to go to extremes.
    to just get them and make a plate to hold them wont work, they need modifying in a lot of ways to work, is that so hard to understand ?

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 61651We'll be sure to tell Anthony that his Old FEH two cylinder with the exact stock carbs in question doesn't work. She's a pain to get on plane but it's a clock start.

Sure progressive carbs would work better just for the bottom end but they are a little tougher to come by for the average Joe. V4 carbs off an 85 actually work pretty good as they have a 1" Venturi which is the same as the primary in the progressive carbs. Sometimes the two barrel 85 will work better then a larger single carbs simply due to the vacuum you don't know til you try it.

To put progressive carbs on a 2 banger takes the same modifications for linkage and mounting etc. as the v4 carbs as an intake was never designed by omc to take any two barrels unlike the mod50.

At the end of the day you select carbs based on your application, if your gonna go mod sometimes your gonna have to give up one end to gain on the other.

You should try some Chrysler carbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filthy phill View Post
    why do you have to keep trying to make a problem ?

a fella asked a question and got a wrong answer, now your just trying to prove along with the other Canadian that they can work on a twin.
    well anything can work if you want to go to extremes.
    to just get them and make a plate to hold them wont work, they need modifying in a lot of ways to work, is that so hard to understand ?
    Phill,
    The fella looking for carbs for his twin may or may not have been asking about adapting v4 or v6 carbs to his motor. You told him there was no way it could be done. LC told you otherwise. You do realize this is a racing site and some people here don't mind modifying things to make them work right? Someone sent me a link to a thread on E-nation the other day that you joined just to tell them how stupid they were. You enjoy pointing out what you think are errors all the time. Most of the time it's just because you don't understand. Reasons like this is why I make some of the comments I do to you. I see you edited your post from the original that was emailed to me. You told me not to reply because I can tell you in person very soon. Are you planning a trip to Canada Phill?
    Critchfield 15" 56ci OMC
    RapidCraft Cyclone 15" 56ci OMC

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Phil I have some OMC50 Twin mod questions

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be best to ask those who race the twins. Lots of people around with them.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1" venturi 2bbls will light up a stock OMC 50 Twin.
    Getting on plane isn't that bad with a light boat.
    Only thing I never did was rig a PROGGRESIVE throttle to open one barrel at a time.
    There are several sound reasons that 2bbls work on a twin........

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC 45ci Twin Performance on V-Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress2830 View Post
    Hey Phil I have some OMC50 Twin mod questions
    go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnqr7C2jcuY

One of my modified 45ss Engines on mini deep vee in Saint Thomas............
    Best Pass of Day was 61mph @ 6,000 rpm w/12p Dewald tunnel boat prop buried deep under boat.
    Last edited by MODIFIEDOUTBOARD; 07-26-2017 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Troll Alert

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

its amazing sometimes how fast little mini boats look when doing around the 45 to 50mph speed.
    anything over 40 in a mini boat is pretty fast though.

what is the length of that ? 11ft

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That boat is not doing 45-50 filthy, I'm sure it's doing what modified said. No small race boat in your area that you can buy filthy? Trust me when I say big difference in what you play with and I guaranty you WILL fall in love with it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

too much smoking the green stuff.

but if it keeps you happy then carry on, it dont hurt anyone.

Thread Information