The clubs have accepted us as a class. Both clubs now share the same rule book.
DSRA 3 cyl rules
1. Boat must pass safety inspection. Battery, fuel tank must be securely strapped or bolted.
2. Working fire extinguisher must be secure and within reach of driver.
3. No electronics. No trim computers, no timing computers, ect...
4. Fuel will be limited to pump gas and race fuel, no nitro, no alcohol, NO NOS. No added injection, blowers turbos, power adders ect.
5. Driver must be seated and use steering wheel, no tillers.
6. Boats must be Flat bottom, V bottom or Tunnel hull. No Hydro's or outrigger style hulls.
7. Must use production fishing style lower unit (shiftable style) no quickies and use motor driven
cooling system no external pumps.
8. Outboards only, must have started life as a fishing motor. Can used diff. manufacture lower to
power head (Merc lower/OMC power head) (40 lower to 70-90 power head) as long as both were fishing
production. (60SST allowed) NO 1/2 V6 engines
homemade mids are allowed, adapter plate or cut factory mids allowed (70 head to 40 lower ect...)
9. Outboards will be limited to 86ci. This will allow the 90 Mercury Carb engines, not the
Optimax engines (92ci)
10. 42ci - 44ci engines rig total 780lbs
45ci - 61ci engines rig total 800lbs
62ci - 86ci engines fig total 880lbs
11. Stroker and big bore engines will be allowed but will fall into the CI weight limit rules (42ci Yamaha can be brought to 49ci
this will put you in 45ci-61ci class 800lbs)
12. You must have a pit crew to launch and pick up boat. Must have communication between driver and crew
anytime the boat is launched. Boats must have provisions for strapping during the weighing process.
These rules are subject to change with a vote from DSRA officials to adequately keep the differences between
engine/hull combinations as fair as possible. We want anyone who wants to race a 3 cyl to be able to do so
and be competitive.