Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: research project-PRO Division

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2005 175 hydroplane

Ralph Donald's beautiful 175 hydroplane with a VRP engine and Pugh hydroplane. Immaculate. Photo by Teri Ziemer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Those are some good photos

Thanks David and Mark. My mechanic Jack Chance taught me if you run into a problem that can't be fixed the normal way, just look at it from another angle. And one of my Dad's favorite saying's was "there ain't no such word a cain't".

I can't mention this project to my son Andrew because when he thought he could possibly start racing jet ski's, it fell through. One of our neighbors son's had done real well. Had a sponsorship, and had a good run at Havasu. His Dad has been gone so long now working at, or somewhere around Antiqua that he didn't make a race this year.

We would need to get in a LOT of testing first, but I am going to keep an open mind about possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity, what does a 250, 175, 125 Rossi or VRP go for, turn key?
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Engines Costs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Silvestri 36-S
    Out of curiosity, what does a 250, 175, 125 Rossi or VRP go for, turn key?
    I have not priced one complete in some time. My guees is that a 125 complete would run $3,500 to $4,000 (including lower unit, tower, carbs). The 175 and 250 might be in the range of $4,500 to $5,500.

There are a number of variables here. The exhange rate favors the Euro presently and this tacks on about a 15% to 18% premium today. If the exchange rate continues to move in our favor.....the cost could come down some. Shipping charges can very some from Italy to the US, depends on the sizes of orders and economies of scale.

Choice of lower unit could affect the cost. Konny units are a little less than Rossi units, I believe.

A lot of people choose to build their own towers for the engines or prchase from somebdy the builds these (Lee in Washington for instance).

There seems to be a number of 125's for sale at any given time. Fewer 250's. The 175's are all new..

Post Thanks / Like

Default If not Pro, then what?

Mark and David, I'm just guessing, but any race courses from Alexandria west and southwest back toward Texas would be AOF? If there are any, where are they?

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne the NBRA (Stock and Mod) usually has races scheduled in Texas as well as Alexandria. Also the NBRA Nationals will be in Okmulgee, Oklahoma sometime in August, 2006. Also the APBA Winter Nationals (Stock and Mod) are scheduled for Alexandria for March, 2006 and it sounds like it will be a big event.

Mark
    L22

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark. Joe Rome told me about the March races in Alexandria. We are planning on making that one. Where are the closest NBRA races in Texas and Louisiana.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark. Joe Rome told me about the March races in Alexandria. We are planning on making that one. Where are the closest NBRA races in Texas and Louisiana.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not looking good!

I was offered a ride in a 500 sprint at DePue, but what I really want is a few race courses within a reasonable distance to get my son involved. Bill Van Steenwyk gave me Dudley Malone's phone number for some ideas. Maybe Connie can post some firmed up AOF dates for next year. Don't know. Still researching. (who knows,....DePue is tempting).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my new APBA rulebook today

It is Fred's Cafe orange But what about that membership card? That's not racing colors. It looks like something for Martha Stewart.

Thread Information