Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: research project-PRO Division

Post Thanks / Like

Default which lesson????

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    You slipped on the inside of me while I was responding to the three previous posts. I'm not sure about teaching you to win. There is a particular lesson in Ron's driving school that I frequently violated. And yes, I did win a lot of races that way, but it also cost me 3 national championships.

I appreciate you guys helping me out here.
    so I know what to do correctly....
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wayne,

Show up at any Title Series race and we can get a ride for your son in a 125. You may just have to give it a few laps yourself. I'm sure there would be an opportunity for a faster ride for you also.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default This sound

like you have a plan. I'd love to see it. When's the date?

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I fouled a plug

After I defrag my computer I'll respond to your questions Daren and Dan, but Ted I can handle yours now. You're DQ'd for jumping the gun. After the feasabilty study you'll be the first to know after my wife, driver and pit crew. BTW Daren, do you play pool?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    After I defrag my computer I'll respond to your questions Daren and Dan, but Ted I can handle yours now. You're DQ'd for jumping the gun. After the feasabilty study you'll be the first to know after my wife, driver and pit crew. BTW Daren, do you play pool?
    yep, I play pool, although not as god as I used to. In fact, I have a pool table in my dining room versus the standard dinner table............I suppose this is part of my first lesson??

let's see, I have my classic B runabout hanging in the living room, pool table in the dining room and a KG4G resting next to my bedroom dresser (along with a MERCURY RACING banner on the wall) and my (2) incomplete 44mod powerheads in my walk in bedroom closet..............yep, I am single!!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Back In Racing

Wayne
    I'll try to bring you up to speed on Texas.. The pro racing died in med 80's..
    completly.. I quit pro in 84..This is when they started the title series..
    Like you, i'm a long way from the known world here in DEL Rio on the border..
    I thought i was finished with racingg but i had aa boy , like you and in 86 he
    ask me if we were going to race anymore.. Well, i said we had blowed up
    the "B" yamato at the nationals in 84 and had no engine.. Actually i had a
    motor form my gas and oil days, an E-mod merc.. He pointed this motor out
    and said there's a motor.. Well, hell the boy had me.. He's 12 yr's old and
    want's to do something.. So, we are back in the game.. We loaded up the thing and went to the lake.. I didn't know if the old motor would even start, but it pop right off..I put him in front and made a few lap's and give it to him..
    almost unable to get him out of it..That was the best thing i ever done.. The
    start of a great learning between father and son..
    We started with AOF.. Racing in east texas and olk, la. Most racing was in
    east texas and la. 10-12 race's a yr.. Not as fast a pro, but lot's of fun.. i
    was not in it for the speed anyway, i was back in for the relationship with my
    son.. Fast forward.... In the late 90's people in the south got pissed at AOF
    and formed the NBRA.. We stop racing around 2001-02.. My son got mairred
    started have babies and his job did not allow being off on weekend.. Racing
    got slower and slower in texas and the travel got farther and farther..I haven't stayed up with what NBRA is doing in texas.. Artie Lund could fill you
    in and bring you up date..NBRA has a Web site..
    I sure miss the racing.. Cat fishing is fun,but not like racing.. I don't know what i'll do after Dec. when i retire.. Lately reading BRF i've got my blood up..
    maybe i'll get back in, can't drive anymore but i enjoy building my own stuff
    and watch it run.. If i can help just holler..
    Stan Henderson

Post Thanks / Like

Default The lesson is....

....12 boats you start in lane 8. 7 boats on the left 4 on the right. Do not start on the inside. Gun jumpers will get you if you do. This has been proven true. However I have also gotten in trouble in lane 8 a few times. One memorable one at Alexandria.

Daren, The pool question was to smoke you out. Thought I detected some sandbagging. seems like most pool player have a little bit of hustler in them. So I have to remind myself to never challenge you in pool or a hometown race course.

Hey Stanley thanks for the story and info. I haven't heard from Artie in a while. If I did have to go with mods, I would have to bring a can of sterno filled with methanol and a splash of castor oil for the correct atmosphere. Hey, they wouldn't let us run Master Oil in the fuel would they?

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne
    You can use any oil you want. Put castor in the gas and you got the same
    smell.. Gas and oil boys drink the alky they don't wast it in the motor..never
    could understand why we was puting perfactly good drinking hooch in the engine.. I had fun in pro but the racing got to far from me.. i think Denny will
    tell you most pro today is up north and east coast.. i wish we could bring back those good old days to Texas but i just don't beleave it's going to happen.. If you get your feet wet again i know where there's a bran new
    Butts "A" hydro.. Never been in the water or had an engine on it..Tim built
    it in 88..Still like new..
    Stan

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested Stanley.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1988 Butts AOH...

Might make for a good 175cc boat today. Run about 85mph with potential for a little more.

Wayne,

I believe that Mal Hardin still has his world championship 250, Butts Aerowing and single-pipe Konig. Saw him run it maybe 10 years go at Camden, NC. Came on Friday, ran for a while and then went home.

Thread Information