Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Did the rubber boats pop!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did the rubber boats pop!!!!!!

Well don`t get on here as much but it looks like this thread died! Oh well good news is I've got like at least six rigs running in my neck of the woods now which is cool to see. Looks like a lot of the rigs from up north Michigan have made it down state
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Every ones on Facebook nowdays mate

Post Thanks / Like

Well while I got some Attention on this thread just how fast are you guys on the other side of the pond really. I figure maybe somebody over there has at least a 90 Yamaha so there probley seein let's say 70mph+ Just trying to breathe some life into this page here been kinda stale for a while so let's here it for the real big balls top speed for a inflatable tunnel. Now I've heard and I have seen some crazy speeds on these boats but have yet to see the big 100mph mark outta anyone is it possible?have the manufacturers in South Africa the UK I know not here in the US made a boat that's possible of theses speeds. Know there are bigger versions like the thunder bolts from ceasar I mean the race hulls. Is it actually possible. Slap on a 250xs merc with the power steering I'm betting it could maybe happen or has but let's here it or see it even better

Post Thanks / Like

There's a guy with a 90 short in Aus, he's still tuning it but says it works well. I'm tuning my 70ces, still some work to do but at 67mph just now. I don't believe anyone has had 80mph out of one of these, the air and water resistance increases exponentially with speed, so to get from 60 to 80mph would require close to twice the power. I reckon you would need a specially designed hull to hit those sort of speeds, you'd be generating so much lift that the bow of the boat would need to be incredibly low just to keep it on the water!

The old world record with a tohatsu 50 at 74.14mph is the fastest official speed I've heard of, unfortunately they changed the weight rules so that record is now disqualified. Even the APBA record is nowhere near that and they're using much bigger motors.

Maybe it's possible if you stick a big merc on it like you say, but that would ruin the boat for surf use.

Thread Information