As some of you know I am into finding innovative little products that makes things a little easier and a little more practical for racers and wrench-heads in general. I was just a one of those "if we didn't have it, you didn't need it" hardware stores where they are featuring a new product. Its the size of a flattened CSI flashlight, powered by 2 AAA batteries like your TV/VCR remote, but is a "tachometer for any application where the target to get read, spins". All you do is point this hand held little laser tachometer at any spinning object and it can read it from 0 to 99,999.99 RPM at the touch of the read button with its two lasers pointing at the spinning object. You can also hold down the read button for continuous fluctuating readings and you can do so in bright sunlight from 8 feet away and its clearly visible digitally on its not overly large LCD screen. Average AAA battery life with lots of use is about 1 year. It does not care how large or small the object is other than it has to complete one orbit to provide the reading.

This sounds like not a bad product for engine test wheel jockeys like myself and a whole host of applications similar. Is there a remote product that would take a reading from one location and show you the reading at another location as in, reading your flywheel RPMs and showing you the reading next to your steering wheel in a place easy to glance at and check while your wound out at 10,000 RPM on your Konig? I got to see some more to find out as I really didn't have the time to spend right then.

Costly? Nope, its all of $44.95 (On Intro Sale) plus applicable taxes for this nifty little versatile digital tach with its high impact latch closing fitted case and I have no doubt like all laser products these days every decent hardware store will have them if they already don't but you just never noticed them! Ask and have a lookeesee if they do in your area, already.