Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Harold Hunsucker's Old Lee Craft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harold Hunsucker's Old Lee Craft

Ran across it in Knoxville a few days ago and thought some of you may remember him and the boat. It's been a lot of years, but he may even be on here. I just ran across this place when I was doing a Google search about something related to a 850XS I picked up recently, so I signed up.

I never did anything outside of sand bar racing but grew up watching Glenn Reynolds run up and down Watts Bar, and I always went to the races at Knoxville Boat Club in the 70's. In fact, I've got some old photos of boats and folks I'm sure you fellow, old farts will remember. Meanwhile, here's the barn find. I was cramped in, so excuse the poor shots. Apparently someone was sending a deposit check to buy this one, but I was there to look at something else.

Not sure why, but this is the only image this site will let me download from my iPhone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    Ran across it in Knoxville a few days ago and thought some of you may remember him and the boat. It's been a lot of years, but he may even be on here. I just ran across this place when I was doing a Google search about something related to a 850XS I picked up recently, so I signed up.

I never did anything outside of sand bar racing but grew up watching Glenn Reynolds run up and down Watts Bar, and I always went to the races at Knoxville Boat Club in the 70's. In fact, I've got some old photos of boats and folks I'm sure you fellow, old farts will remember. Meanwhile, here's the barn find. I was cramped in, so excuse the poor shots. Apparently someone was sending a deposit check to buy this one, but I was there to look at something else.

Not sure why, but this is the only image this site will let me download from my iPhone.
    Did you buy this boat? Looks like it's in good condition. Is it complete with the motor?
    Dean Hobart

Post Thanks / Like

Hull looked to be in good shape, but I'm guessing it may have just been parked after a blow over based on a bent steering column and a few other things. Didn't have a motor, but according to lettering on the boat, it set a 84.113 NOA straightaway record in 1978, and it came in 2nd in the OPC Marathon Nationals the same year. Too bad the other photos won't upload.

Thread Information