Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desilva Delta from mid-1980's How many are left?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think this is the same boat John, the one we ran looked different to my memory. And I had a mechanical trim and tilt that Ickes the motor and leaned to left in corners. Charlie Strang liked what Idid when he seen it at Race in Ocoee he gave two thumbs up. I copied what I had seen in Europe from the Russian hydrocats. ( the Russians did it). As I said we ran it only a couple times as I was concentrating on my 700 hydro for the WC in Pleasanton and also the runabout.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Litzell View Post
    Don't think this is the same boat John, the one we ran looked different to my memory. And I had a mechanical trim and tilt that Ickes the motor and leaned to left in corners. Charlie Strang liked what Idid when he seen it at Race in Ocoee he gave two thumbs up. I copied what I had seen in Europe from the Russian hydrocats. ( the Russians did it). As I said we ran it only a couple times as I was concentrating on my 700 hydro for the WC in Pleasanton and also the runabout.
    Steve,

You might be right although I thought that they only built the one SST45 tunnel. After looking again, I really don't see the transom bolt pattern for ther 45. I'm very familiar with the 45's as I probably built over 50 of them for many drivers including Gordie Miller & Garrett Armstrong.
    Speaking of testing for Bill & Ralph, when I lived in Winter Haven while at a race in Dayton, Bill in a conversation said "it's too bad you didn't live closer to us in GA, as we would like to have you test our boats". Me in a runabout, don't think so. He meant hydros & tunnels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Desilva Deltas

I have one that came from Wisconsin that I ran stock powerhead 4-60 pump on a 4-60 racer tower and foot. It came with a custom trailer. It has a serial number in the cockpit, but I don't remember what is is. The boat and trailer are for sale as I have sold all of my antique racing stuff. I would take $750 for both. The boat was attacked by a red squirrel (minor damage) and the trailer has an slightly bent axle giving tire wear. I will check on the serial number.

I have added two pics. One of the cowl decal and one of the serial number in the cockpit. I am guessing that it is the second boat of four in 1988. I was told by a racer in central PA that this boat was a 500cc boat. The transom extension was for running a 4-60 that the owner before me had. The trailer is registered, but the boat is not. I have additional pics if you would like.

My antique racer website is - http://boatsport.org/DonSaulsbury/

Attachment 62623Attachment 62624Attachment 62625Attachment 62626Name:  ProShot_2017_08_09_11_30_33.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  92.7 KBName:  ProShot_2017_08_09_11_32_40.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  51.7 KB
    Last edited by dsaulsbury; 08-09-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added info

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff... Desilva was very innovative to say the least... This is a lot of really cool history... Thanks.
    Dean Hobart

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked out your video Don, The boat you have is not a delta runabout but one of the triplanes they made. Because you bought from someone in Pa, it could of been the boat i had but I don't know really where that one went. Steve

Tim Weber
    Post Thanks / Like

What you have is a 4-60 boat made for the Depere WS antique nationals in I think 1987?

It was driven by Dave Riser. After that I think Mike Gibson had it.

It was basically a kneel down tunnel.

Tim

Thread Information