Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: old bob carver photo

Post Thanks / Like

Default old bob carver photo

I've been trying to find this online, and I know it's out there, but I can't seem to ask the right search question. Maybe somebody here will know where to find it (somebody with Seattle Outboard has posted it somewhere). The photo is a real Carver classic from the Fifties which I know many of you have seen. Bob shot the start of a DSH heat on Lake Osoyoos, mostly a pack of Swifts, but there's an Entrop cabover among them. In the forefront is a Swift that has taken a hop over a roller and is just about to do a nosedive; you can see the first spray coming over the bow, and every racer who has ever seen this photo immediately has thought, "Oh no, THAT is about to be a big-time stuff!!!" Anyway, if you know where the photo is, I'd appreciate it (I want to link it for someone else).

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder View Post
    I've been trying to find this online, and I know it's out there, but I can't seem to ask the right search question. Maybe somebody here will know where to find it (somebody with Seattle Outboard has posted it somewhere). The photo is a real Carver classic from the Fifties which I know many of you have seen. Bob shot the start of a DSH heat on Lake Osoyoos, mostly a pack of Swifts, but there's an Entrop cabover among them. In the forefront is a Swift that has taken a hop over a roller and is just about to do a nosedive; you can see the first spray coming over the bow, and every racer who has ever seen this photo immediately has thought, "Oh no, THAT is about to be a big-time stuff!!!" Anyway, if you know where the photo is, I'd appreciate it (I want to link it for someone else).
    Phil,

I'm sure that picture is in a Boat Sport issue... not sure of the year... mid 50's.

Go to BoatSport.org ...... You will have to look at each issue... or the index page.

Good Luck with your search.
    Dean Hobart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder View Post

Try this site. Think your referenced photo is on the bottom of the home page. https://www.outboardracing.com/index.htm

Post Thanks / Like

That's the one! Funny, I looked at that site but somehow missed the photo. Thanks, fellas.

Thread Information