Ron, not disagreeing with you, but John Toprahanian bought Curley's boat from hin at long Beach. Curley was racing his newly completed 'F'. I remember, because my sister Peggy and I painted John T's number (C-174) on Curley's old boat for the next race. John left it the same color for years. It was blue with white trim. Then after dumping it a few times in the corners, and John having a heart attack, my father started driving it. It was a bear to turn. Just before Green Lake in Seattle 1959, John and dad added a extended non-trip to the right chine. John had also put tunned exhaust on the 460. Repainted the boat mostly black with a big white curved strip going fromstearn to deck to mid-front. Seattle was a bust for me as John had me turn off my fuel after testing. Glen Campbell dumped the 'F' on the front straightaway. While they were towing the boat to the pits, John went to the ambulance to make sure Glen was okay. Then the 5 minute gun for 'A' hydros. Stupid me, I cranked & cranked & cranked. Too late, the one minute gun. Second heat, fuel valve on, I make it to the milling area and my throttle stuck wide open (53mph) and I took an unexpected bath.