Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCalAOMC Next Meet September 16, 2017, Saturday at Puddingstone: Antique Outboard

Post Thanks / Like

Default SoCalAOMC Next Meet September 16, 2017, Saturday at Puddingstone: Antique Outboard

Hello to all,
    My name is Chuck Kober; some of you know me as I have been a member of the Southern California Chapter of the AOMC for about a year now. I live up in Santa Barbara and have enjoyed all the meets; it's a great group!
    There has not been a Southern California Chapter website for a couple of years.....and I thought that I could perhaps put one together. I feel it might help in directing potential new members to us.....and might also provide another way for current members to share what they are involved in.

Since we meet once every three months and some of us live hundreds of miles from one-another....I have been thinking that it might be beneficial for those interested to have a way to keep in touch via e-mail and the web.
    The website is linked at https://tinyurl.com/SoCalAOMC
    Currently the site consists of 7 pages including a photo gallery, buy/sell page, future meet schedule, links to other sites of interest....etc. Any of it or all of it can be changed depending on what you; the members....tell me you want.
    It is hosted on my business server.....so there is no cost to the club of any kind.

At this time I will begin to ask for your input; please tell me what you would like as a part of the site....and please feel free to send me items of interest that you would like to see posted. This could include pictures, videos, articles about your projects.....just about anything that you feel would be of interest to the members and on-lookers from the public.
    I await your comments and contributions. Please use this e-mail address for correspondence:

socalaomc@gmail.com
    Looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you! I will be attending the next meet at Puddingstone Dam in San Dimas on September 16th; hope to see you there!

Chuck Kober
    Member SocalAOMC

If I go, I'll take my brother's "Pumper" A and my KG-4.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Thanks Al Lang, arcticracer thanked for this post
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

Your Racing outboard is so cool !

I am having more fun with the vintage racing outboards than I had with the time period racers of the day !

Getting old is not so bad when you find new thrills that keep you out of the hospital and going home after the fun time event !

Regards,

Paul
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, Al Lang liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron, if you go, how about asking Alan Ishii to go with you. Maybe he can take an engine or two. Have tried to get him to join.
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll Call Alan Ishii, Maybe We Could Both Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lang View Post
    Ron, if you go, how about asking Alan Ishii to go with you. Maybe he can take an engine or two. Have tried to get him to join.
    I talk to Alan about once a month and text more often than that.

Our families go WAY back, I should reach out more often.
    This is Ted May's DSH.....Maybe that would motivate Alan!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-27-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really cool news to me. Now that I'm living in Indio (From the Seattle area, APBA Region 10), I am looking forward to coming to Puddingstone. It's not that far from Indio, I will bring my KG-4 that I set 4 World Records with. It has not been restored, but is exactly how I raced it... With the original green tank and belly pan that I took off when I got it back in1964. The serial number is 506879, a "square hole" case... numbers match.

I also have a more restored one, that I will bring also. I also have the last Hobart Ultra Light Hydro that I built in 1985. My son Tod set 3 World Records with the boat the first year the OMC A motor was introduced in 1986. It is not restored yet, so I won't be bringing it yet... The project to restore it will begin soon.

My situation is that on that weekend we will also be going to San Diego to watch the Unlimited Race, to watch J. Michael Kelly drive the Graham Trucking Hydro. He also runs my C / 500 Mod Hydro, in which we are this years National Champion.

We will be able to stop by on our way to San Diego.

Please let me know when the Meet starts .... Hopefully in the morning.

Best Regards To All.

Dean Hobart ..... Racing Boats Since 1962.
    Dean Hobart
    Likes Ron Hill, arcticracer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Can't Get There From Here!

Dean, that plan won't work. On Saturday, you can't get to San Diego on the 5. Everyone in Orange County goes to Mexico. It will take 4 hours.

It might be better to see if we can get the to change the date, as they don't have many members and they usually have lunch. So, an early start won't happen.

Or, maybe, I'll volunteer Hill Marine's Shop for a Christmas Party.....No, too cold. Maybe a meet in April at Hill Marine.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-18-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Dean, that plan won't work. On Saturday, you can't get to San Diego on the 5. Everyone in Orange County goes to Mexico. It will take 4 hours.

It might be better to see if we can get the to change the date, as they don't have many members and they usually have lunch. So, an early start won't happen.

Or, maybe, I'll volunteer Hill Marine's Shop for a Christmas Party.....No, too cold. Maybe a meet in April at Hill Marine.
    Ron, I won't go on the 5, I'll go on the 15... the "back way".
    Dean Hobart

Post Thanks / Like

Default San Diego on Saturday, Start Friday

If you leave Puddingstone around NOON Saturday, you may get to San Diego to see Sunday's races! I've asked them to change the date to the 23rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The meet is at Sailboat Cove at 10 AM Chuck::Antiqu Outboard Meet 9/16/2017

The meet is at Sailboat Cove at 10 AM, Puddingstone Reservoir, San Dimas, California.

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    If you leave Puddingstone around NOON Saturday, you may get to San Diego to see Sunday's races! I've asked them to change the date to the 23rd.
    Ron,

My plan did work. We left Puddingstone about 12:30 and were in San Diego by 2:15..... Don't know where you got your information. I saw the Hedlund's..... Spent all afternoon talking Boat Racing and how the Hedlund Runabout came to be. Cool History.

Where you you..... I thought you were going to be there???
    Dean Hobart

Thread Information