Hi smittythewelder,

the prop as it is now is definitely too large (would hit the cavitation plate), so i can not test it yet. But i will do the "minimum cutdown" first and try before cutting deeper.

i'm very limited with engine height as my gearcase does not have a low water pickup (yet? :-D). The water entrance is behind the prop, just below the cavitation plate.
With the current setting, the cavitation plate is about 1/2 to 1 inch above keel and cooling is still fine, but if i go any higher, i think the cooling might collapse. That's why i prefer to stay fully submerged...

With standard aluminum props, it runs best at about 3 to 5 degrees trim (positive/up). Trim is continously adjustable, but NOT while driving, so i need to cope with the same trim position for both getting on plane and running WOT. With more trim (~10deg), the hull has less wetted surface and feels to run "higher" above the water level (guess a little faster as well), but it also starts getting seriously wobbly. Additionally, it is difficult to get on plane with such trim angle.