Hello Guys,

i got an old bronce prop that i want to use on my boat, but the diameter is a little to large for my engine, so i need to cut it down. As i have to adapt the leading edge to the new diameter as well to preserve a good shape, i would like to use the chance and go a little further into propeller modding.
the boat's specs:
-9ft deep-v hull with spray rails, no pad
-weight (including driver) approx. 530lbs
-35~40hp@5000rpm, 14:19 reduction
-runs 36mph with an (old!) aluminum 3blade 9.5"x14"
-prop runs fully submerged; should not be too sensitive to ventilation (plate slightly above keel), but is not intended to become a real surface piercer

the "raw" propeller's specs:
-Michigan AJC-466, 2blade 10.5"x15"
-progressive pitch varying from around ~14" at the hub to ~16" near the tip
-this results in rake varying from around zero at LE to ~20deg at TE

i put some sketches onto the prop:
Name:  2blade-ideas.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  173.2 KB

-black is the absolute minimum portion that has to be removed in order to provide sufficient clearance.

version A: remove as little as possible, keeping the outline very similar to the original (just a little smaller)
version B: create a distinctively round LE, with or without cleaver-style TE (remember: fully submerged! not sure if a cleaver gives any advantages in this condition?)
version C: more "aggressive" LE with a smaller transition radius, strongly inspired by other "round ear" racing props

What do you think- which of these styles looks most promising to you? other ideas/hints? Or another prop that has proven to perform well in a similar application that i could model mine after?

best regards
simon