Thread: Gene East: Quincy Welding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gene East: Quincy Welding

I just got word that Gene's wife, Norma has passed away.

I'm sorry to hear this news.

Here are a couple of emails from Wayne and Gene!

I've been thinking about you and Norma. I didn't know when to get back to you Gene, but I was thinking about when you and Norma would go down to the boat slip to eat carp burgers, I think I will never forget that. And I want to eat one some day. God bless you and your family Gene. There are lots of us out here that are thinking of you guys and how much you mean to the boat racing community.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne, your timing was perfect!

My Kids and my extended family (that includes boat racers) have been very supportive.

My sister-in-law, Edna Kennedy has been staying with me since Norma passed away. She has been a widow for 6 years, so she knew the pain I was feeling. She went back home to Des Moines yesterday.

Last night was the first night I was alone in the house.

At 4:15 this morning, Norma awakened me by softly calling my name. I DID NOT IMAGINE THIS. I DID NOT DREAM THIS. SHE WAS HERE!

I haven't stopped trembling or crying since.

I know she's waiting for me at Lake Paradise.

What a wonderful reunion those of us who love our Lord have in store!

P.S. Please forward this to Ron Hill. I've lost his address

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/whig/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187072768
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-31-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Thanks Al Lang thanked for this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing the comfort of the racing family gives when you suffer a loss. When I lost my wife over 2 years ago, the racing family was there for me. It is hard to understand the grief and what one goes through, unless you loose the one you love. That is when it hits you that all the years together are now gone.

I wish Gene and family my condolences and God bless you all.

Al Lang

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I just got word that Gene's wife, Norma has passed away.

I'm sorry to hear this news.

Here are a couple of emails from Wayne and Gene!

I've been thinking about you and Norma. I didn't know when to get back to you Gene, but I was thinking about when you and Norma would go down to the boat slip to eat carp burgers, I think I will never forget that. And I want to eat one some day. God bless you and your family Gene. There are lots of us out here that are thinking of you guys and how much you mean to the boat racing community.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne, your timing was perfect!

My Kids and my extended family (that includes boat racers) have been very supportive.

My sister-in-law, Edna Kennedy has been staying with me since Norma passed away. She has been a widow for 6 years, so she knew the pain I was feeling. She went back home to Des Moines yesterday.

Last night was the first night I was alone in the house.

At 4:15 this morning, Norma awakened me by softly calling my name. I DID NOT IMAGINE THIS. I DID NOT DREAM THIS. SHE WAS HERE!

I haven't stopped trembling or crying since.

I know she's waiting for me at Lake Paradise.

What a wonderful reunion those of us who love our Lord have in store!

P.S. Please forward this to Ron Hill. I've lost his address

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/whig/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187072768
    Gene,
    my condolences wholeheartedly. I did not know that Norma was ill but thinking back to Depue, I should have suspected.
    May God be with during this mourning period.
    your friend always.

Post Thanks / Like

Gene

I never met you and only know you from reading your posts. Regardless loosing a loved one has to be really difficult to go through. My condolences to you and your family during this stressful time in your life. God bless you and your family.

Pete
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

Gene,

Blessings to you and your family.

Duke
    Thanks Ron Hill, Karen Cadle thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene,

I cannot begin to imagine the magnitude of your loss but, during the short time I have known you, I sensed the importance of Norma in your life. May God bless Norma, you and your family through this troublesome time.

Mark
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP Norma
    Heartfelt condolences to Gene and family

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene...as you say Norma is now in Lake Paradise. And that is a good peace place to be, as we all look forward to. Ron Hill started this thread to honor you and Norma...but the title is Gene East Quincy Welding. Ron did that because I'm sure he would draw the attention to our boat racing fraternity to pay respects for Norma. And that is a very good thing. But as time passes, the title of this thread will draw others to look at you or Quincy Welding. So let me make this proposal. You Gene are one of the top two most recognized pit men in Pro racing. Everyone knows the names of the drivers because they are on the programs, and the announcers call out their names. How many famous pit crew names came you come up with?

My proposal is to go beyond the regrets and sadness of your loss of Norma and to talk about your contributions to Quincy Welding, Pro, Am Pro, Stock and other racing. I think talking about what your family has done (talk about your kids too) for boat racing is something that may inspire others. God Bless you and your family Gene, and hope to hear more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has offered comfort and encouragement. I consider boat racers to be part of my family. I have been around this wonderful sport for 60 years and I have never known finer people.
    Perhaps I will follow Wayne's advice and do a little bit of history as time permits.
    Norma never knew a lot of my older boat racing friends, but I'll bet she's meeting a few of them now, and guess what. She has the rest of eternity to meet the rest of them!
    God bless all of you!

Gene

Thread Information