Thread: Norma Joyce "Joy" East R.I.P.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norma Joyce "Joy" East R.I.P.

My dear wife Norma died unexpectedly on October 25. The outpouring of sympathy and support from my boat racing family has been very comforting. Thank all of you so much!

My computer died 2 days later. Thank you Alan , Charley, Wayne and others who kept track of me during the past few weeks! As you can see, I have a new computer and can "talk" to my boat racing friends again.

I don't need the computer to talk to Norma. I talk to her every night and I hear her foot steps in the hallway. I know she will be waiting for me at "Lake Paradise"!

I love you "Babe"!

Gene
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    My dear wife Norma died unexpectedly on October 25. The outpouring of sympathy and support from my boat racing family has been very comforting. Thank all of you so much!

My computer died 2 days later. Thank you Alan , Charley, Wayne and others who kept track of me during the past few weeks! As you can see, I have a new computer and can "talk" to my boat racing friends again.

I don't need the computer to talk to Norma. I talk to her every night and I hear her foot steps in the hallway. I know she will be waiting for me at "Lake Paradise"!

I love you "Babe"!

Gene
    Gene,

Glad you are back & I know how much you miss Norma. Hang in there good friend, look forward to seeing you at Depue once again.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Gene--
    Look forward to seeing you again. Should be Depue as that's our old stomping grounds.

Bruce

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your computer died Gene, but the thoughts of your friends of prayers for you and Norma still live on. Joe and I talked to a number of others about you and Norma. Jim Trimble for one sent me a reply from him and Mary. There's a big following tossing their memory wreathes onto Lake Paradise for Norma.

Thanks Gene East thanked for this post
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,
    You probably noticed Norma was often called "Joy"!
    It took me a while to learn who "Joy" was.
    Norma and I used to be the leaders of a seniors group at church until we stepped down about a year ago.
    Our group was called the "Silver Saints"!
    The "Saints" were treated to a Thanksgiving Dinner Saturday night by the widow of our former Music Director.
    Our Group Leader thanked her on behalf of all us, "Saints" and then announced our group would now be known as "JOY" (Just Older Youths).
    None of the "Saints" knew Norma was known as "Joy" by her Missouri cousins until I told them.
    Isn't it amazing what GOD does when we think HE isn't watching?
    Likes racnbns, Dan M liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gene I have been very busy over the last several months and haven't been roaming on any of the forums. My condolences to you and your family.

Thread Information