Thread: Does Anyone But Me Ever Wonder Why People Don't Race Boats

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I complained long ago that all knowledge must be assumed, they talk about the class but not what the boat and engine is so how does a punter know they can join a race or not?
    Just ask someone that is not a racer to find out what they need to race, you wont find it via anyones web site except COR, where I could read that and get boat and engine I know I can turn up and race and or find out the costs.
    What can you make of a class that is a letter of the alphabet?
    Likes ProHydroRacer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    I complained long ago that all knowledge must be assumed, they talk about the class but not what the boat and engine is so how does a punter know they can join a race or not?
    Just ask someone that is not a racer to find out what they need to race, you wont find it via anyones web site except COR, where I could read that and get boat and engine I know I can turn up and race and or find out the costs.
    What can you make of a class that is a letter of the alphabet?
    http://www.corboatracing.com/

Want to guess who is driving the 30 boat on the COR site??? (Chad Hill).

I left COR behind, for safety. Johnny Soares was driving for me, Johnny is an excellent driver, he has raced Mini Boats, MOD VP, both capsuled and non-capsules and he races cars on pavement (Not real fast cars). Johnny and I decided: A. Hydraulic Steering was really bad, way too slow for a race boat B. Someone was going to get killed because no one was really enforcing driving rules.

So, we quit. The first race of the year, on the warm up lap, a guy ran over another guy and was killed. I will have nothing to do with a MOD VP boat until it has a capsule. I don't think they are safe at the ENDURO.

My trouble, I'm still a hopelessly romantic boat racer.
    Likes ProHydroRacer, Powerabout liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    http://www.corboatracing.com/

Want to guess who is driving the 30 boat on the COR site??? (Chad Hill).

I left COR behind, for safety. Johnny Soares was driving for me, Johnny is an excellent driver, he has raced Mini Boats, MOD VP, both capsuled and non-capsules and he races cars on pavement (Not real fast cars). Johnny and I decided: A. Hydraulic Steering was really bad, way too slow for a race boat B. Someone was going to get killed because no one was really enforcing driving rules.

So, we quit. The first race of the year, on the warm up lap, a guy ran over another guy and was killed. I will have nothing to do with a MOD VP boat until it has a capsule. I don't think they are safe at the ENDURO.

My trouble, I'm still a hopelessly romantic boat racer.
    Did you consider going roll cage like the Texas Tri hull?

Thread Information