http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedaily...eac70cbaa.html

I just got word that Judy Hendrich has passed. She will be buried two years to the day of Don's death.

DAH Propellers: Donald A. Henrich

For Obituary and details google: Donald A Henrich Portage, WI
Don died March 15th @88. He had lung cancer and had been under treatment for almost three years.
Although Don would describe himself as a "blacksmith" he was known for designing a new generation of propellers for Outboard Marine. This talented man was a major contributor to the success of Johnson and Evinrude outboards on race circuits around the world.
One year at the Parker Enduro his propeller design didn't work. The day before the race each propeller was heated cherry red with a torch and the blades bent to Don's satisfaction. None of the propellers failed in six hours of competition.
Services will be held Monday March 21, 2016 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, W8267 Hwy 33 East, Portage WI. Visitation will be from 10am to 12, with services to follow.

ADD:

Ron Hill Don was a pretty good old boy. I spent a lot of time in Europe with him and his wife, Judy, back in the late '60's and '70's. Johnny Woods from St. Louis, was Don's stock broker in the old days. When Johnny took Radio Shack public, Don got in on the ground floor of the stock. It wasn't long after that he quit work at OMC. Johnny made tons of money on the deal, he bought a Ferrari with some of the money. I never saw it, but Don told me the license plate said, "TANDY". I had just won the D Runabout Nationals in Beloit, and on Monday stopped at OMC to pick up my twin engine Jones. Don and I got to talking, I said measure my two best props would you. So, he measured one and said, "It was an 11, nice prop he said." (A Grandpa Seebold). Then, I gave him the second prop, he said, "Wow this thing really screwed up, one blade is 13 and the other is an 11, want me to fix if for you?" I said, "Don't touch it unless you want to die, as I won the Nationals with that prop yesterday....." Old Man Hill prop. I saw Don at Havasu Landing 9 years ago, we had a great talk, his hip was bothering him and he took the ferry back to Havasu City. Rest in peace, my friend. Condolences to the rest of the Henrich family.

Donald Albert Henrich, 88, of Portage, passed away peacefully Tuesday, March 15, 2016, at his home in Saddle Ridge.

Donald was born Jan. 24, 1928, in West Allis. He married Judy Ellen Richmond on Dec. 9, 1961, in Eagle River.

Don was a former owner of Propellers by DAH, and retired as an engineer from Outboard Marine Corp. He received a World War II Victory Medal while serving his country in the U.S. Navy. He was an ardent outdoorsman, an avid hunter and fisherman, as well as a gold prospector. Don was a Mason, as well as a member of the American Legion and Elks Club.

He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Judy; his children, Wendy (Jim) King of Winfield, Illinois, Dana (Tim) O’Neill of the Township of Erin, Jerry (Linda) Okonek of Spooner; his grandchildren, Kelsey, Dan and Kori King, Brendan, Danielle and Kellen O’Neill, and Dan (Allison), Heather and Kyle Okonek; one great-granddaughter, Whitney Okonek; and very special friends, Heather and Jason Stenberg.

Memorial services will be held at noon Monday at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, W8267 Highway 33 East, Portage, with the Rev. Julie Krahn officiating. Military honors will follow. Inurnment will be private. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at the church.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to Badger Honor Flight Inc., P. O. Box 258066 , Madison, WI 53725 or online at www.badgerhonorflight.org; Hope Lodge, 611 W. Doege, Marshfield, Wisconsin, 54449; or to Bethlehem Lutheran Church.

Pflanz Mantey Mendrala Funeral Home (www.pmmfh.com) in Portage is assisting the family.