I wish to thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

My name is Rick Johnson and i manage the Memphis Racing History Facebook page.

I have a little insight on many forms of Memphis area racing but am a little weak when it comes to boat racing.

I have noticed through my searches that this forum has some materials on the Haines family and their contributions to the history of racing in Memphis.

I remember hearing about racing n Kilowatt lake but do not have much historical background having to do with the venue.

Am here searching for more background information on boat racing in the Memphis area. Both on kilowatt lake and the river. And any other venues that have been used.

Part of the Facebook page is a listing of all the venues which have been used for motorsports in and around Memphis.

Would appreciate if someone with more knowledge of boat racing than i would examine the list and add any venues i may have left off the list.

Would also appreciate if you would share any pictures, videos, stories and other items with the group.

Many of the legends in Memphis racing i grew up watching have been lost over the last few years.

And i am wanting to document as much Memphis Racing History as possible on the page so future generations will have access to that history.