Looking to speak with someone about setting up my boat. 14x48 Rhino flat bottom, 50hp Merc tiller. No one in my neck of the woods is doing anything like this. I've been reading for months now online and can't get nearly as much info on these Merc's as there is on the Yamaha's.

Engine is 2006 59ci Merc 50hp. Bone stock right now. 13p factory prop.

What prop would you fellas recommend? Thru hub looks like about 17" pitch is all I can find on a 13 spline. Figured that will be the prop I use when going out with my woman and dogs to just cruise.

Seems like the Mercury 18p Chopper is pretty popular and over the hub exhaust for go fast days.

Ok, heres the kicker, I have a long shaft engine. It's on a Vance jack plate and I'm gonna have it pretty high, but nothing like you guy's with Bob's nose cone and low water pickups. So that will play into prop selection I would think. I should be able to get the cav plate up higher than the hull bottom so I hope that will be sufficient. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to buy a tall transom boat for my long shaft. Guessing the reason a 40 Merc is what all these guys run is because they are short shaft. I pretty much stole this engine so I'm going to work with it for now.

Not some dreamer that expects to just bolt it up and do 75mph either. I will put in the work, testing and money to do what's needed. Just need someone to help me that has experience. I know most racers won't share secrets and I don't expect to hear it all, but I'm on a lonely little stretch of river and most of the time I don't see anyone else much less race. Just trying to get out here and get my speed fix on the weekends.

I've tried pretty hard to get in touch with the fellas listed in the title. Looks like after about 2015 these flat bottom race boats might have kinda died out and people may have moved on. If someone could put me and them in contact together I'd owe ya big time. I appreciate all the help!