Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1975 75 stinger carbs

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Pretty sure NOTHING goes in that hole, gaf1racer. That's just a circuit passageway for gas to get from main body to the bowl.

Your engine should have (3) main orifices #61D and (3) air idle orifices #27

The orifice in your picture does not belong in that location, or at least it's not shown on any parts list for your engine model number. How does the bottom bowl mating surface look? I would not think there is room for that orifice to be screwed in there.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the 1975hp Johnson parts list, it shows that orfice, I'm wondering if for some reason the carbs have been changed, and if they have can I run these with the correct jetting.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing it... Here is the parts list. Pictured are Key #27 Idle Jet and Key #40 High Speed Jet

If your jet is located between mating surface between carb & bowl, maybe look at a 1973 65hp parts list. If your engine block is originally painted orange, it's not a 75hp Stinger, but it might be a 65hp or 70hp older version Stinger.

I've rebuilt a ton of these carbs and don't recall ever seeing jets in that hole so it's older than 1975. If your carbs don't resemble the picture below, then you'll need to research the individual carb part numbers. You'll need to compare venturi bores, jetting, linkage adjustments ("Sync n Link" procedure in service manual...)

It's not expensive to buy a legit OMC factory service & parts manual for your engine... Don't waste your money on Chiltons or Haynes or Sealock manuals. The factory manuals literally spoon feed you thru every procedure you can imagine, and call out any required special tools needed as you go. There really isn't another manufacturer that wrote better service manuals.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I think that georgiaf1racer has maybe misunderstood #28 wich is floatvalve. I havent seen that small orifice in any carbs wich ive disassembled.

EDIT. Take my word back! There is partpic 1975 70hp carb wich shows that orifice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's orfice I'm talking about, for the carbs that I have, but they don't match up with the model number of the motor, I thinking maybe the carb have been changed, unless I'm missing something.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Please compare the engine model & serial no. from the quarter size aluminum disc pressed into the block to the I.D. tag mounted on the swivel bracket to see if the entire powerhead has been changed. Use the disc numbers to look up parts if it's different from 75ESLR75B. Do your carbs still have their aluminum tag with the carb part no. stamped on it? (it's often tossed in trash by previous mechanics) Your carbs are NOT from a 1975 75hp Johnson or Evinrude engine... Let me leave it at that for now.

Thread Information