Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thread: Panama City Florida Gentleman's Race - BayLoosa Challenge

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thread: Panama City Florida Gentleman's Race - BayLoosa Challenge

I'm gonna host an endurance boat race July 13 in Panama City. I'm betting whomever comes with a 14ft or less boat that I'll beat them in my thundercat (www.crackerbaythundercats.com). You win, $500 of my cash is yours. Bigger boats and jet ski's can enter but they'll be in a different class. 14ft and under is the only guaranteed purse class.

113 miles
    Panama City to Destin (50 miles along the beach)
    Destin to Panama City (63 miles in the bay)

If you die or get hurt, you're fuct. There's no insurance. Just a gentleman's bet, not a 'real' race. Don't bother suing me, I'm broke.

I'll post more information on the West Florida Boat Racing facebook page as details develop.

Gonna use RaceChrono phone app to keep track of each boat's time but a time stamped picture of each event would suffice.
    The first leg, Panama City to Destin, starts and ends at the respective jetties. (RaceChrono will recognize the course and automatically start/stop the time)
    You have 30 minutes (time to get through no wake and refuel) to start the second leg of the race on the north end of Crab Island.
    Second leg ends at Shell Island for the after party.
    Fastest combined time wins.

Typically, that time of year will have calm winds so the waves shouldn't be very big. Sometimes, it blows from the north in the morning and switches to the south in the afternoon. That'd be ideal for keeping wave height down. However, it's Florida weather so who knows.

I might refuel half way through each leg if necessary so other racers could leverage that opportunity to do the same.

The point of the event is to bring back boat racing at a grass roots level and to have a good time. Minimum rules and minimum expenses. You're in charge of your own safety, like God intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information