Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Together Again

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Together Again

I just returnned from the AOF national meeting held in Spokane, WA. It was a huge success in terms of the meeting and getting things done. The national banquet was also the best I have ever attended in over 40 years of attending these things. We had around 200 people present from Long Island, NY, Florida, to Minnesota and every where else in the country. What a good time organized by locals and new AOF officers, Mike Sattler and Kevin Martin.
    However, the best part of the show was the coming together of two local clubs that were finally able to put aside any personal differences that were plaquing them for the last few years. The reunion and merger brought me to tears.
    Two clubs, Northwest Water Competition, and State Line Outboard Racing Association were both maintaining, but not growing, and in fact probably dying a little. They have now teamed up again. Each will keep thier own sovereignty while vowing to attend each other's races for the betterment of racing. Each will be an AOF club and will in fact, stage the AOF nationals in Moses Lake, WA this summer.
    For our sport to survive, we are going to have to call upon everyone to put aside differences and vow to work together. It was awesome.
    Connie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buck Owens Would Be Proud...

Just got back from St. George, Utah...listened to Buck sing "Together Again" about 50 times....Between that and "The Ring of Fire", I think I could drive around the world non stop...

Connie, please keep us posted with AOF News....If you plan to use Hydrracer.net as the AOF Webpage, please post links here, often...

I could set AOF to have it's own section here and would welcome it...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Just got back from St. George, Utah...listened to Buck sing "Together Again" about 50 times....Between that and "The Ring of Fire", I think I could drive around the world non stop...

Connie, please keep us posted with AOF News....If you plan to use Hydrracer.net as the AOF Webpage, please post links here, often...

I could set AOF to have it's own section here and would welcome it...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron,
    That would be great to have our own section here. Thank you. Since AOF is strictly a volunteer organization, webmasters were hard to keep as jobs and family got in the way. I was in retirement until last year (for a couple of years anyway I got a break). I was going to take a class or read a book on webmastering but decided I'm too old. Anyway, with a site like this, why?
    I am sure you have heard that there is a "chance" that we have at least one AOF race in your neck of the woods, so I will be posting here a lot anyway.
    I have changed my email also to:
    aofoffice@hotmail.com
    Hey, free email addresses are the way to go as they should always be around, and if you change servers then you still have a permanent email address. Where I live (middle of a cornfield in Iowa), we don't even have that fast internet. I'm still on dial up....two long rings and one short is for the AOF office. Home is two short and one long.....

Thread Information