Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Another one gone!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another one gone!

I learned this weekend from an old pit crew friend that David Westbrook had died of a heart attack on November 30. He was seventy.
    I stayed in touch with David infrequently, but talked with him about a year ago to see how he was doing after his long recovery from a motorcycle accident that almost killed him. A car pulled out in front of him and he hit it broadside, requiring almost a year in rehab.
    He was living alone at that time, but he still had to use a walker most of the time.
    In 1995, David and I built and owned a car wash together in Woodstock, Ga. until the Honda dealer next door wanted more than we did.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about David. He was a great guy and a fierce competitor. Remember a time when either Ralph or David's name was listed as finishing first more than most anybody else. Rest in Peace David.
    Charley Bradley

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sad to hear about David's passing. He had some bad accidents during his time of racing and non racing. David was one tough guy. David and his new wife Fay flew to West Berlin to race in the Weltpokal ( world cup) in 1976. We part the American Team. The Russsian lady who owned the house we stayed was in Moscow at the time on business, and her boyfriend was head of the ADAC which was the race organizer. He became a good friend, but at the time he knew none of us.There were six dormitory rooms in the second level below ground where servants used to live. I had one room, and Harry Splettstoser, our host, made David and Faye stay in separate rooms. I think that lasted only the first night. David ended up with second place in OB hydro. I ended up 5th I think in OA, but I don't know how because I didn't do too well. Just gathering points I guess. Rest in peace David.

Likes F-12 liked this post

Thread Information