Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20,25,30 and 35hp mods

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Arltralite111, If you are looking for a 35hp powerhead, you might give Tom Booth a call at Riverside Marine in Little Rock Arkansas. The location may not be feasible for you. That's where I got my 35hp Powerhead to replace my original 25hp.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes fs5 liked this post

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice horns, speedfreak. I found a 35 power head. I measured the ports. The transfers and fingers are the same on both motors. The exhaust is 0.070” higher on the 35hp.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arltralite111 View Post
    Nice horns, speedfreak. I found a 35 power head. I measured the ports. The transfers and fingers are the same on both motors. The exhaust is 0.070” higher on the 35hp.
    Are you talking about the ports on the 31.8 motors or on the three cylinder?

I have some older (76-94) motors in both 25 and 35hp and Im trying to piece together the internal differences between the two.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Arltralite111, How is your 35 triple build coming along? I have one, interested to see what you have learned and did for performance.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone figured out how to get around the rev limiter (set at 6200 RPM) on these little 1996-2002 25/35 3 cylinder 2 stroke mirage motors. CDI does not make an aftermarket power pack with a rev. limiter delete. Nor, can they delete it from the factory power pack if you send it to them.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to get around the rev limiter (set at 6200 RPM) on these little 1996-2002 25/35 3 cylinder 2 stroke mirage motors. CDI does not make an aftermarket power pack with a rev. limiter delete. Nor, can they delete it from the factory power pack if you send it to them.
    Does the ignition work like a 49/56 3 cyl, then you have unlimited packs.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Powerabout,
    I don't think so. I did talk with CDI tech (Clark). He said something about "cut the orange wire and the orange wire with a black strip on it and replace the feed to the orange wire with a 12V source", or something like that. I have to dig into it a little deeper before I go cutting wires on an almost $450+ power pack. I would like to keep the "quick start" function if I can, it's a part of that loop somehow. Electronics is not my thing.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of compression can these little Mirage 35hp 3 cylinders handle? Can they handle 170? I'm going to have the head cut/milled on mine to increase compression as I hear they respond well to increase in compression. Just do not want to go too far. My last compression readings/checks were: Top 145 psi, middle 147 psi and bottom cylinder 150 psi. I have non-ethanol 93 octane pump gas available where I live.

Thread Information