Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: more region 2 stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange 17W
    Russ how many Yomatos did your Dad sell as a dealer? By chance did you guys put any of them on storage during the lack of racing in the Northeast in the late 80s?
    Brent,
    When Dad's health got really bad in the early 80's we got rid of most of the stuff. We still have all of the Merc stuff, but as far as yamato stuff we just have some parts packed away. Dad sold a lot of 80's. He sold them at cost plus shipping just to help the sport.

Spencer,
    Those are some more great pictures! Bill Giles and the Cookie Munchers!
    Whenever the Cookie Munchers and Waddington Heavies showed up it was great racing! I like the picture of the butterfly wearing the McManus costume too.

RussW

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple more.

Brent, I looked through some old paperwork and found that Dad sold brand new Yamato 80s for $467.50 U.S. Than was about 25 years ago.

RussW
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

i don't recognize the first pic but the second has john and ross webster over john's boat.
    as for the photos i posted earlier, the first one is john macmanus with his "angel wings", second one i think is at silver lake, the third is the pits at crystal lake, the fourth is bill giles and his hot rod, and the last two are the pits at whitney point (most likely '82 or '83)
    Spencer Utman #19CE 20ssh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aojesus
    Brent,
    When Dad's health got really bad in the early 80's we got rid of most of the stuff. We still have all of the Merc stuff, but as far as yamato stuff we just have some parts packed away. Dad sold a lot of 80's. He sold them at cost plus shipping just to help the sport.

Spencer,
    Those are some more great pictures! Bill Giles and the Cookie Munchers!
    Whenever the Cookie Munchers and Waddington Heavies showed up it was great racing! I like the picture of the butterfly wearing the McManus costume too.

RussW
    Russ- Would be real curious to what you guys have packed away....by the way do you remember sleeping on your trailer in Cardinal...the things we did when we were young.
    Brent 17W

Post Thanks / Like

Another shot of myself & my ASR.
    Brent 17W

Post Thanks / Like

31-CE is the great Canadian Alan MacKenzie. The hydro next to it is Kevin Fitzgeralds.

Cardinal was a great place to race as long as the freighters were not around. The thing I remember most about Cardinal was that wierd smell.
    It smelled like burnt peanut butter. I spent many night sleeping on that old trailer. Mom and Dad had brought a couple of cases of soft drink the weekend we stayed on the trailer at Cardinal. I think I matched you bottle for bottle!
    Were you there the night a young couple used the porta-john as a love lounge? They were making so much noise that a bunch of us couldn't sleep so we tipped the porta-john over on it's door and trapped them inside! Boy were they mad! Bob Kotar and his crew also wore tuxedos with his number spray painted on the back to the drivers meeting.

RussW

Post Thanks / Like

Found a couple more.

1)Carelton Place ASR. My #45, Mike Noonan #13.

2)Doug Reed in a Rinker.

RussW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cardinal

That smell was from the starch plant at the end of the 2nd turn.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks to me like....

.....these newer styles of boats have made duct tape obsolete QUACK QUACK

Post Thanks / Like

Default More of C. Place

Hey Ronny,

We are moving our race this year from Almonte and back to Carleton Place I think the last race there was 79. Jeff?? Help me here. I would love to put together a collage (spelling) to have on display for this race in May.. the town is all behind it and it is early so as to not affect the pleasure boats in the bay as usual we will shut off the boat launch for the weekend.

they have spent a ton of money on the park there in the last few years. They started a country music festival a couple years back and expanded the fields across the way for Rv's and camping so we could put a ton of motor homes across the way..

So all you guys please put some pictures of any CP history you have together and get it to me... that would be awesome..

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Ottawa, Canada
    Need Race Parts - http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    www.aimoutboards.com

20-CE DSH
    20-CE DMH

Thread Information