Thread: Tracy Hawkins

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracy Hawkins

Tracy Hawkins was killed in a racing accident in Ohio on Sunday. I do not know any details other than he was driving one of three Formula 1 boats that crashed in the first turn. The other two drivers were not hurt. Tracy was a hard charging and great driver, but he had a heart of gold. He will be missed by everyone. I was first introduced to Tracy at the 2006 Lone Star Boat Racing Association meeting. The same one that Ron attended and may remember Tracy. OPC and Pro drivers alike attended the reunion and Tracy and Darrell Beaulier flew up to that first DePue Reunion together in 2007. I've lost my photos from those reunions, but I should have some I took of Tracy at the NGK series year before last at Orange. I know David Alaniz has many photos of Tracy. Since I was good friends with Joe and a lot of Tracy's OPC buddies, he welcomed me in like a long lost friend at that first reunion, and I along with many others will miss him greatly.

Thanks Ron Hill, Powerabout, F-12 thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, F-12 liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I met Tracy in the 80's when I raced in region 15. Tracy drove in Sport E. He returned to racing when the Sport F1 class was formed, his engine builder at the time was Steve Cole and Tracy was back to his winning ways, just about always running at the front of the pack. Very nice guy, hard but fair racer, fan favorite. Tracy will be missed.

RIP Tracy Hawkins.

Thread Information