Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is the Make of This Outboard Runabout?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the Make of This Outboard Runabout?

Can someone tell me what this Class C runabout boat is? I'd like to find a drawing or an offset table so I can make plans for a scale RC model of it. I've seen a number of photos of this design in recent races, but the photos never say what the boat is. It has three turn fins. I love the looks of this design and it appears it would make a great RC model for outboard racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

It is a C Stock Class Marathon Runabout. I believe that boat is built by Marc Kurz.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig,

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find anything about it on Google.

Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Austin,

No I have not been able to track down any drawings or plans. A scale drawing and offset table would allow one to draw up some model plans, but I'm guessing those companies might consider that stuff proprietary.

Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amod20HRacer View Post
    I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

What boat might that be?
    Maybe i can help.
    //Hasse.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasse,

I'm trying to find scale drawings and offset tables for either of the two boats shown in the photo at the start of this posting - the McCourtie or the Kurzcraft marathon runabouts. I'd like to make a 1/5.2 scale RC model. I tried to join the 152VO Forum here https://www.152vo.de/ but they never would activate my registration so I gave up on that forum. There is a lot of information on that forum that I'd like to see, especially for my other older 1/5.2 scale outboard racers.

Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogx View Post
    Hasse,

I'm trying to find scale drawings and offset tables for either of the two boats shown in the photo at the start of this posting - the McCourtie or the Kurzcraft marathon runabouts. I'd like to make a 1/5.2 scale RC model. I tried to join the 152VO Forum here https://www.152vo.de/ but they never would activate my registration so I gave up on that forum. There is a lot of information on that forum that I'd like to see, especially for my other older 1/5.2 scale outboard racers.

Al
    Try reaching out to Mark Kurz for plans for one of his runabouts. His email address is: kampkurz@yahoo.com.

He might be able to help you with what you're looking for. If you get a design for a KurzCraft, please let me know as I race one. I can provide you any pictures you may need of my hull.

Thank you,

Austin Duggan, 78M
    austinduggan@gmail.com

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Austin,

Thank you for the info and photos offer. I'll let you know if I get a design going. These are great looking boats.

Al Clark

Thread Information