Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is the Make of This Outboard Runabout?

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the Make of This Outboard Runabout?

Can someone tell me what this Class C runabout boat is? I'd like to find a drawing or an offset table so I can make plans for a scale RC model of it. I've seen a number of photos of this design in recent races, but the photos never say what the boat is. It has three turn fins. I love the looks of this design and it appears it would make a great RC model for outboard racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

It is a C Stock Class Marathon Runabout. I believe that boat is built by Marc Kurz.
    - Craig "Dew"
    Flyer Race Boats

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig,

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find anything about it on Google.

Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Austin,

No I have not been able to track down any drawings or plans. A scale drawing and offset table would allow one to draw up some model plans, but I'm guessing those companies might consider that stuff proprietary.

Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amod20HRacer View Post
    I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

What boat might that be?
    Maybe i can help.
    //Hasse.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasse,

I'm trying to find scale drawings and offset tables for either of the two boats shown in the photo at the start of this posting - the McCourtie or the Kurzcraft marathon runabouts. I'd like to make a 1/5.2 scale RC model. I tried to join the 152VO Forum here https://www.152vo.de/ but they never would activate my registration so I gave up on that forum. There is a lot of information on that forum that I'd like to see, especially for my other older 1/5.2 scale outboard racers.

Al

Thread Information