Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cresent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cresent

I have an opportunity to own a Cresent, The owner and I are considering a trade for a decent running B1 type play motor [22ci OMC on a Merc H lower]. Obviously the Cresent more valuable. The guy told me it turns over but he was advised not to run it unless it's gone thru properly. Supposedly it has chromium bores, I'm not familiar with them in that much detail but hear it's no good if that's worn too much. The owner did a cosmetic restore on it, says it's all there so I'm asking what to look for and if I do trade for it, are parts available to make it right?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a great trade! Especially if the restoration is good. Even if the bores are bad, they can be rechromed by U.S. Chrome in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. It's a 3-cylinder looper powerhead similar to a modern day 3-cyl Yamaha fishing engine. I've seen lots of the Crescent gearcases used in APBA Mod classes under Mercs.

On a rarity scale, you'll see 50 to 100 20H Mercs to every 1 Crescent. Dick O'Dea in NJ was a US distributor for them.
    Likes JohnsonM50 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 25XS View Post
    That's a great trade! Especially if the restoration is good. Even if the bores are bad, they can be rechromed by U.S. Chrome in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. It's a 3-cylinder looper powerhead similar to a modern day 3-cyl Yamaha fishing engine. I've seen lots of the Crescent gearcases used in APBA Mod classes under Mercs.

On a rarity scale, you'll see 50 to 100 20H Mercs to every 1 Crescent. Dick O'Dea in NJ was a US distributor for them.
    It would be, this Cresent might be one of the few that has the long / short tuner setup I read about. The B1 alone is definitely not enough tho, a cash adjustment would have be part of it. The owner's a well respected friend of a friend.

Thread Information