Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Grant

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, I have to get back to reading it to the finish. I was 3/4ths through then put it in the mail to get it signed and now that I got it back, I don't want to get my thumbprints on it. I'll buy a new one and finish it. It's great reading though. A real human insight into Elvis at that truck stop in the wee hours of the morning when Marshall covered the top of that pumpkin pie with shaving cream.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't read a lot of books, but I waited several months for my copy of Marshall's book to arrive following repeated release dates.
    This book is great. Well worth the wait!
    Every boat racer and every country music fan should read this book.
    It won't take long,because if you're like I was, you won't be able to put it down.
    Joe, keep working on Marshall. We all want him and Randy at DePue!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnny Cash Stamps

I just received from the United States Post Office fresh off the press, the NEW Johnny Cash Stamps. They are great. Stamps are on the front and a larger copy of the picture of Johnny is on the back. This picture was taken when he did Ring of Fire in the studio. Have you ever seen a black stamp??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to Etta Grant today and she told me to look up a web site called www.findagrave.com. There are pictures posted there of Marshall's gravesite. She wanted me to see a bench that they had designed to sit on at Marshalls gravesite. I am sure that all of the boat racing people will be proud that Marshall's family included his boat racing life depicted on the memorial bench.
    [ATTACH]56974[/ATTACH

Marshall's Bench.jpg

Marshall's Grave Stone.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mark75H liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Karen, you are right about it designed perfectly. Joe told me that Randy looked at all the artwork, the way it was laid out and said it was good, but he wanted it in black. Johnny Cash was the man in Black, and he thought that would be the best representation. There was something else Joe told me about that, but I forget what it was. Something I think to do with the musical notes. Maybe Joe will say.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe...what was it you told me about the music notes? I forgot. If you can't remember...call Etta. I know you will in the next day or so because you always do when a special blue artic norther comes down. You and Etta cannot stand the ice blue cold wind, and have always gotta talk about it! Give her my best.

Wayne.

Post Thanks / Like

All, I am spending considerable time in Austin, TX for work. I have found a "watering hole" named the Mean Eyed Cat. It is all about Johnny Cash and his band. But, there is nothing in the place about Marshall's Race Boat. I showed them some photo's from the internet. Does anyone have access to a good copy of Ring of Fire with Johnny and the associated article? I wold love to hang copies of them in the Mean Eyed Cat. Thanks, David

Post Thanks / Like

David I have a daughter that lives in Austin and have been thinking about bringing a few copies of some of them next time I go to Austin.
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

David,
    I have several since I had Ring of 2, and both Boat Named Sue Marchetti & Byers! Let me know!
    Duke

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you chimed in Duke. There was another thread that was mentioning the Ring of Fire. I was thinking the Ketzers got the Ring of Fire (not original) that Marshall was campaigning and you guys got the other stuff, "Ring of Fire, Jr.", and maybe the C Service motors. Was the Byers "Miss Folsom". I remember Marshall saying how close he was to you guys.

Thread Information