Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Halved v-6 three cylinder

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Halved v-6 three cylinder

I've heard of but have not seen pictures of people taking a v-6 merc 2.5 L and removing a bank of cylinders to make an inline 3 cylinder. I've been asking Mitch Hardee questions but he did the build in 97 and doesn't have much documentation. He also isn't incredibly forthcoming with details.

Does anyone know of an example of this that I can learn from? I'm not afraid of learning as I go but the fewer mistakes I can make the better.

-Jim

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowJEEP View Post
    I've heard of but have not seen pictures of people taking a v-6 merc 2.5 L and removing a bank of cylinders to make an inline 3 cylinder. I've been asking Mitch Hardee questions but he did the build in 97 and doesn't have much documentation. He also isn't incredibly forthcoming with details.

Does anyone know of an example of this that I can learn from? I'm not afraid of learning as I go but the fewer mistakes I can make the better.

-Jim
    Contact Bill Gohr, APBA OPC category chairperson. He has done it, many times.
    Contact Bill Gohr, APBA OPC category chairperson. He has done it, many times.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowJEEP View Post

-Jim
    Contact Bill Gohr, maybe on here, APBA OPC category Chairperson. Around Fox Lake, IL

Thread Information