07-12-21

Just prior to this update my brother picked up the red 20ss boat pictured. This is how our first weekend of testing went.

Well I had a pretty humbling weekend. We had everything from a boat going under on Saturday (luckily only in 2-3 feet of water and motor was already shut off) to potential motor damage yesterday when a motor inhaled a piece of seaweed. While all this was going on with other boats I was struggling big time with carb issues. Ultimately we did get my carb mostly sorted and on my final test run I also got my coolant passages plugged with seaweed (won't be running at that low tide again). Fortunately I was watching and brought the boat in on lap two (was in and out of the throttle not full speed laps). My 80 got very hot but after cooling down and flushing the coolant passages it started fine and seems to be alright. Unfortunately I think Carruthers has some work to do on his.

Overall the win of the weekend was seeing my brother get more comfortable in his new red boat. He was making huge strides and getting faster every run out! His newly acquired 80 runs well and the boat seems quick and stableName:  6E5552D9-0C64-4BA0-9F44-DB7C05FF65B2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  406.1 KB