Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: shallow sponsoned kneeldown/laydown tunnel boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H
    Boat # SE 21 with the Carniti is really cool. What kind of boat is that? About what year? What size is that motor?

The #105 Volvo Penta boat .... the motor says "GTX" on the side ... was that the Volvo/König rotary valve powerhead? Is the motor common or rare?
    The SE 21 cat is a NIBO hull with 843cc Carniti dated about 1975. Not sure of the GTX significance on the Volvo but I do know that the motors used in that class (NE) were standard production engines ( 750cc max) with no modifications allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to have the opportunity to race tunnel style boats in the PRO division. I'm not sure why the rule is 60%, or when that rule was introduced. Probably back in the 50's!!! The PRO division has enough classes without adding new ones, but allowing different designs to run in the same class (i.e.500 and 700 hydro) doesn't seem too difficult. I know the arguement will be saftey, but give me a break!!! The PRO division argued about onboard radios, and in most tunnel boats....radios are required!!!! Safety is not the issue!!! Both styles race together in Europe and both designs have different advantages. It could attract some new drivers or even bring back some old drivers???? How many PRO drivers moved to tunnel boat?? For more photos http://www.ameridutchracing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X Racing
    It would be nice to have the opportunity to race tunnel style boats in the PRO division. I'm not sure why the rule is 60%, or when that rule was introduced. Probably back in the 50's!!!
    No, the no tunnels rule is relatively recent. It keeps out consistant running 45SST's and makes overlap/turn judgements easier. There is no real reason for it except politics.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tunnel and Hydro Soup!

During the 70's and 80's [before the 60% rule] we ran hydro's and tunnel's together. It got rather exciting at times, especially if you were in the turn on the inside lane and a tunnel was outside of you. You better hope he sees you and doesn't turn like there capable of. In Wi. [Badger State races] we would have 3 or 4 tunnels running with 1100 hydro. On some of the narrow river courses it got real challenging after a couple of laps. Sort of like an ocean in a hydro but the tunnels ate it up. My personal feeling is that the two types of boats are not compatable and should not run together. I happen to love my hydro ride and have no desire to get in a tunnel boat. My B.S.

Bruce Summers
    V-71

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent ? rule

As in stock 4pt.s have been not allowed for some years, as have tunnells not, as there were none, at that time as when rules were first, reritten in the 60s, out loud anyways, must of been by CK.
    Just seen some new lead seals from K,Merc on Ebay, wonder how much?
    Wonder what stock is?
    What the heck is a tri-hull?

RichardKCMo

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Forgot to ask

What does blueprinting have to do with stock outboard racing?
    Duh? fillout quesationaireto left.
    Havefunhear.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apples/Apples

Quote Originally Posted by racnbns
    During the 70's and 80's [before the 60% rule] we ran hydro's and tunnel's together. It got rather exciting at times, especially if you were in the turn on the inside lane and a tunnel was outside of you. You better hope he sees you and doesn't turn like there capable of. In Wi. [Badger State races] we would have 3 or 4 tunnels running with 1100 hydro. On some of the narrow river courses it got real challenging after a couple of laps. Sort of like an ocean in a hydro but the tunnels ate it up. My personal feeling is that the two types of boats are not compatable and should not run together. I happen to love my hydro ride and have no desire to get in a tunnel boat. My B.S.

Bruce Summers
    V-71
    Bruce , could not agree more, don't know how old Sam I am is 40ish maybe but rules are what they are, and for a reason .

As you have mentioned everything being equal overlap, adds a lot to basic responsability, of the individual , sorta' like when it says MERGE LEFT , My Daughter says,WHAT!!! Says, I Look Left,actually i say nail it kid, cause i've already looked.
    I have 6 so you know i've been scared a lot

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X Racing
    It would be nice to have the opportunity to race tunnel style boats in the PRO division. I'm not sure why the rule is 60%, or when that rule was introduced. Probably back in the 50's!!! The PRO division has enough classes without adding new ones, but allowing different designs to run in the same class (i.e.500 and 700 hydro) doesn't seem too difficult. I know the arguement will be saftey, but give me a break!!! The PRO division argued about onboard radios, and in most tunnel boats....radios are required!!!! Safety is not the issue!!! Both styles race together in Europe and both designs have different advantages. It could attract some new drivers or even bring back some old drivers???? How many PRO drivers moved to tunnel boat?? For more photos http://www.ameridutchracing.com
    Looks kinda like they race on some pretty close turn places, Ross should get them boys to long beach.

I would bet my social security as Merle says that no one here seen supercalafragilistic dissapear, oh well Oh i fergot expealadoshous? My youn'g is 31 'members ever' thing,girls are like that.
    Y'all have fun here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too Many Sun Rises!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardKCMo
    Looks kinda like they race on some pretty close turn places, Ross should get them boys to long beach.

I would bet my social security as Merle says that no one here seen supercalafragilistic dissapear, oh well Oh i fergot expealadoshous? My youn'g is 31 'members ever' thing,girls are like that.
    Y'all have fun here
    Hi KCMO:
    This is a little off the subject. You say your youngest is 31. We must be about the same age cause my grandaughter[oldest] will be 25 on Jan. 3. How's that for logic?
    Happy New Year,
    Bruce Summers
    V-71

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Racing motor?

Bruce there' only one merc 6 that runs with those E rudes,and wins a bit,Duwane Larimore is the name , i'm sure i'll be corrected if not so.
    The group is from Tx, Kid's A Driver.

Thread Information