Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alpha Gen2 to Bravo 1 Conversion Question

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alpha Gen2 to Bravo 1 Conversion Question

Hi all, I have a question about the Alpha Gen 2 vs. Bravo 1 Transom Assemblies. Does any one know if you can use a Bravo Gimbal Ring and Bell housing in the Alpha assembly? The interior plates are the same so I am curious if the external transoms are the same? I am trying to save some money and just buy the gimbal ring and housing if possible. Thanks in advance to all who respond, I greatly appreciate you insight and advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny This Would Be Posted...

I just bought an Alpha Generation 2 gimble inner and outer housing towday and was asking Chad if I could hook a Bravo Drive to it....I have many Bravo drives...maybe, we could do some part swapping and both end up happy...What Bravo stuff do you have??? I've got not Alpha drive or upper housing...

ADD: I don't think the Bravo Gimbel ring will fit at all with the Gen 2...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alpha Gen 2 Parts

I am doing a complete repower moving from a 5.7 260 EFI to a 502 Mag EFI so motor, trans assembly, and complete drive are what I have. I live in Florida but only run fresh water. The skeg on the lower unit is chunked, was going to put a skeggard on it, other wise entire package has less than 180hrs. This equipment is out of a 2000 model year Rinker 212 Captiva, am guessing it is really 1999 hardware.

Right now I am looking at a drive and trans assembly for a Bravo setup. If you have a drive and assembly setup I would be interested in potentially working a trade with ya.

Thread Information