Re: Noise factor

When I went to the Super Cross races in the RCA dome a couple of months ago, I expected to hear the sounds of loud bikes throughout the night. I was dead wrong. The only bike I heard was one lone 2-stroke from France, until he crashed out before the final.

The rest of the bikes were silent 4-strokes - I never heard a single one of them! But that didn't matter to the crowd at all.

Because to make up for the lack of sound, the arena was pumped with VERY LOUD rock music playing behind a VERY LOUD announcer. Those chest thumping drum beats were enough to get the fans' adrenaline going. Nobody even noticed the bikes were quiet. It was super LOUD in there.

Of all the boat racing videos I've seen, the best ones have been those with ACDC type rock-n-roll as the "noise" --- they didn't have any motor audio.

I've been saying for a long time that SuperSport has one HUGE advantage over the louder classes -- that is it's one of the few classes where you can hear the announcers follow the race.

And (if music were to be played over loud speakers) you could also have the crowd on their feet - screaming and dancing - just like at the SuperCross shows. So take full advantage of this quieter aspect that other motor sports can't use. If you've got speakers available - put them to FULL use.