So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed this class. I have never driven a race in my life, car or boat. I have been involved in performance boating for 1 1/2 years now. My first race ever was at Chattahoochee this past month. I have to tell you that I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed jumping out of an airplane at 14,000 feet. There are several boats available now for $5,000 or less. There are many more engines on the back of fishing boats to be had for far less than that. It is truly feasable to get into this class for $12,000 or less including safety gear. Then all one has to do is buy batteries and gas.

As for a dual purpose boats, I have been out every weekend since I have purchased the boat. You can see it between Lake Monroe and Lake Harney out of Sanford, FL on any given weekend. I can keep up with most boats that have a 50-75 HP advantage. Top speed for my boat was 81 MPH GPS at 6,250 RPM with a stock 27 SRX.

I am extending an open invitation to come to the FBI races in Crescent City on July 10th. My boat will be there. Just hunt me down and I will put you in the drivers seat.

Thanks,
Mark Mayo