Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1350xs

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1350xs

hey ...I found a merc 1350xs? I didnt know they made 1 of these motors.Is it real? and how can I tell from a newbie point of veiw? It has a ventalated wrap that says MERC 1350 and is a short shaft with a 5" extension above the lower unit to make it a long. He wants 300 and its in peices.......
    any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Merc did not make a 1350xs. They did sell the louverd cowl as an accessory that anyone could buy separately.

Its just a 135 with the louverd cowl.

$300 is too much for a 135 in a basket. There is probably a reason it is apart (something wrong) I'd say offer $100 and don't feel bad about walking away if he says no ... 'cause you would have to find another 135 for parts to make it run anyway
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Well

Thanks Sam...I had never seen or heard of 1 before...and I already have an 1100ss layin around I cant use, I was wanting to upgrade my 77 85hp merc I am using on a 65 G3 I got from Dick D. last spring, I need 5 more mph to beat a freind of mine...lol ,it's a long story there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a real nice looking rig. Too bad the 1100 and 1350 aren't enough alike to make one good motor, it would have been a start.

Even if you don't want to risk money on the 135, for $100 you might be able to sell the louvered cover and break even ... if you are interested in making a 135.

135 was the highest hp before the base bolt pattern change in 1972. 140, 150 & 155 hp motors all use a different pattern from the older inlines.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

I am not real hot for the 1350 but it was available, all I need is 5mph more to beat this ol boy, an I cant git it out of this lil 85hp. Got any ideas?
    its a 76-77 adi ign and runs great, I run a mazco 14x22 @ 6k rpms and Get 49.9 mph on gps....There was a movie of it on dicksmarine.net last month. I dont know if its still there or not, I flattened the hull as much as I could and built a pad of sorts. Its much better than stock but not enough to drive by this guy at the lake. And he realy .....well lets just say I want to make him eat my spray......

Thread Information