Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: thru or not

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thru or not

hi guys need yer help again ,qqqqqqqss ,can we run a solid hub prop on a thru hub box ,with out too much rev effect or spin,or will exhaust gas spoil pattern/ suface area of blade area,basicly got aload of solid props but not the wright small gear box to suit my engine is it worth me experimenting????

Tomtall

Question Thru hub/No hub

John - You did not say weather your dealing with an outboard or I/O application.Can you give the application and motor size?

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Hill is working on( lol well going to if not started) a solid hub prop for the stock 15 hp fishing foot. with all the gasses flowing over the prop, it needs to be bigger than any of the stock props.

Post Thanks / Like

Default solid hub, thru

Ive seen what your askin about on a performance tunnel, it worked but at peak... who knows. Then later a pal with a hydro powered by an old mariner 25 wanted more speed. So happens I had a Ron Hill rt hand speed prop, we fit the prop to an old hub center and used washers to place the prop where it fit and to block most of the exhaust. To compensate for the blockage he drilled a few above the water vents. !st try he gained 4-5 mph Im sure more is there to find.

Thread Information