Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Fast Fred's Secrets of the OMC MOD50's Thread #1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whitey,

It is neather a tunnel or a V.....Just a little flat bottom..This picture may be of an older one of his, but it should give you an idea of what the boat looks like (it was all I could find for now)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jeff 93-C

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Jeff,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Akers View Post
    It is neather a tunnel or a V.....Just a little flat bottom..This picture may be of an older one of his, but it should give you an idea of what the boat looks like (it was all I could find for now)
    .................................................. .................................................. ................................... Now , everybody should know that in outboard runabouts , they ALL have to be flat bottoms. (O P C ,not included. ) We're talkin stock, modified, & "PRO". What's that old saying ? "A picture is worth a thousand words ? "

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Correction : Scuse me all to heck

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ................................... Now , everybody should know that in outboard runabouts , they ALL have to be flat bottoms. (O P C ,not included. ) We're talkin stock, modified, & "PRO". What's that old saying ? "A picture is worth a thousand words ? "
    .................................................. .................................................. ..................................IT WAS JUST BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT i SAID , LAST YEAR, that TERRY USED A....600 ROSSI . iN MY OWN WORDS. Yeh, who stole my memory ? Or did i lose it in a crap game .? anyways, even 36 cubes going THAT fast is mind boggling ! In a runabout . wotta yuh 'spect from an ole duffer 68 yrs. old ?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

yep! thats crusin

Post Thanks / Like

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................IT WAS JUST BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT i SAID , LAST YEAR, that TERRY USED A....600 ROSSI . iN MY OWN WORDS. Yeh, who stole my memory ? Or did i lose it in a crap game .? anyways, even 36 cubes going THAT fast is mind boggling ! In a runabout . wotta yuh 'spect from an ole duffer 68 yrs. old ?
    That's right 36 c.i. in other words a bored out "C".

David_L6

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Chance View Post
    That's right 36 c.i. in other words a bored out "C".

Closer to a D than a C. Still, very fast for the size of the motor.

Here's another picture of that boat going very fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Problem

I knew it wasn't a 350...

And to boot, Terry is a pretty likable fella. Takes some large cahonies to run that fast in a runabout with two people in it !! All I know is that man works hard and earns his titles. He worked non stop on it to get it ready for his heat as he flew in and Rick Bird brought the boat and engine. Terry had to rig it, and all that.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast !

Think about this . He drove , over 30 years ago, Mike Snell's "Midnight oil" . An
    "R" hydro, ( a Ron Jones cab over ) with hopped up Merc 800 (4cyl.) it held the R kilo record at about 107 mph . This flat bottom , with 30 LESS cubes went 5 mph FASTER , with another (extra) guy on board ! Yes, Terry is a nice guy . I remember talking to him backin about 1975 at Stockton, and telling him about another driver who said he was gonna run over him , Terry just smiled and said " He's gotta catch me first !"

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, gots me a new camra , i wasn't gettin the shots we needed so ya can see it. so hang in

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

workin the new camera, maybe a vid soon, see how that goes
    gots this one on deck, made a new water cover for the head, so i could move the water dump, gots the bigger carbs on this one, this is what i'm startin the season with. hows my run on sentence?

Thread Information