Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Fast Fred's Secrets of the OMC MOD50's Thread #1

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

well then, someone was askin how ya put finger ports in a moda ya don't got no map for. no one showed me how, i just do it the way i do, it works. thare may be a different way, but i like my way and i'll tell yas how, Cuzz i, me, Fred want you to be fast, all of yas, so when i go Rippin by yas ,i'll know i'm doin somethin
    for real, cuzz any thing else is crap

so check back

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway, finger ports, why finger ports, well the dif' between a 150hp and a 200hp for the most part is, ya finger ports ,so we'll take them.
    machined finger ports are vary nice, done by hand they can be every bit as nice. most important is the rings, we don't want to upset the rings. it's easyer to cut them(ports) before the rebore, that way you can clean up any slip ups you mite make. you want the ring gap to run about dead center in the finger port. or on the bridge of cyl wall in between the intake ports.
    take the piston and mark the ring gap pins to the top on the dome, then put the piston on the rod, with no rings on it, bolt it to the crank, mark the cyl on top ware the pins sit, then at BDC make a mark.

i'll make some shots so yas can see it this far, then i move onto whats next.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Theres Mod 50 carbs and other parts on ebay right now!!

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

lookin like them are just carb hulls, all the good stuff been pulled off them, the right parts are not easy to find, be hard to put them back in runnin order

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, cookin up some shots on the finger port demo, and some other related stuff,
    see how they look

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default almost same name . !

the "rubber ducky" , here in california (northern) holds the 2 man runabout world's kilo record at 112 mph. With only (if i have it right) a Rossi 350 C C motor. As far as i know ,this is the the fastest outboard runabout , regardless of engine size . (2 man ) - Driver- owner Terry Klemm.
    (this refers to #258 )
    Last edited by Roy Hodges; 01-30-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: clarify

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    the "rubber ducky" , here in california (northern) holds the 2 man runabout world's kilo record at 112 mph. With only (if i have it right) a Rossi 350 C C motor. As far as i know ,this is the the fastest outboard runabout , regardless of engine size . (2 man ) - Driver- owner Terry Klemm.
    (this refers to #258 )
    Terry was using a Rossi 700CC or so engine. Sort of a custom I believe. I looked it over real good at DePue this year because he was pitted right next to me. Very Cool rig. At least the engine he had at DePue 2007 Pro Nat's was not 350CC.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Record motor

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    Terry was using a Rossi 700CC or so engine. Sort of a custom I believe. I looked it over real good at DePue this year because he was pitted right next to me. Very Cool rig. At least the engine he had at DePue 2007 Pro Nat's was not 350CC.
    .................................................. ............................ Sorry, you're WRONG. I was there that day, last year, and talked to him . He told me , or , like you , i would not have thought it possible with such a small motor . So , unless i was told a LIE, it was that really small motor . For me , it's hard to believe anybody went that fast IN A runabout , with ANY SIZE motor . But, the clocks don't lie .

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know what boat he was using? was it a v or a tunnel

Thread Information