Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Fast Fred's Secrets of the OMC MOD50's Thread #1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey John

I think it was who said it would be nice to have adjustable carbs like a Mikuni, so you could just turn the screws rather than change jets. What about a set of 3 of these trick bad boys????????????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default That is sure the idea!

I have several sets of 3 OMC 3 Holer single barrel carbs used on the 49 inchers and I was wondering out loud if they could be converted to adjustable high speed (screw in or out type) high speed jet needles. With your picture using the two barrel that question has been answered real well!

On the Minkuni round slide side of things, they did produce a version for snowmo use that once you had the rest of the carb figured out for base mixture control it had a bottom of fuel bowl adjustment screw to vary the jetting a bit more to deal with temperature variations affecting tunning that worked remarkably well on snowmo sleds on gasoline. I have on of those to put on an Anzani update hybrid given I have enough parts left over to build one in the future to toy with.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

seen needles like that on the low speed of a 55hp 3 banger. low speed circuit never stops pullin, so with a needle in the low speed, and the main within range , you should be able to fine tune within the best ability of the carb.

then, or after that,
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

hey J.T. you out thare? hears them shots of the rig i'm runnin as tested.
    that set above, fuel injection, ya 3 banger fueler.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just cant be so Fred with all your know how why are ya still running that old 2ear clamp braket.you`ll find out that they are not made for what our boats can do.Almost bought it at the gold cup this year when one of the ears broke clean in half.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

got 4 more for backup, usein grade 8 to hold it on thare lets see what you got.

Post Thanks / Like

You are just gonna have to come to topO this year and find out.I`ll see if i can get some pic`s on here. Kept bustin the ss pins at the top on the old ones and i might have like 5 hole old style brakets left over.I wanted to have a bit more adjustment so i fabed up a hyd assist braket and welded some negative in it then i beefed up the pivot tube. Itell ya its real nice being able to tilt your motor up when your beaching or running thru some real skinny water

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Secrets are out!

Thought the group would like to see my long in the planning Mod-50 project. From 50-100 is only 5 seconds..... incredible! I've been humbled, and have no desire to top end it!

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Wicked!!! Tim!

I never paid attention to what a Mod50 was all about. Now I have some beginning idea. What a motor Tim! Your talking 5 seconds to accellerate from 50 to 100 miles per hour. You must be sitting against a good form fitting seat to do that and then pull a tight turn!

Thread Information